1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

World of One Room: Jessica Walking after 8 Years Restricted to Bed

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Reposted to Jessica's Facebook page from Canary in a Coal Mine who are featuring Jessica and her story in their documentary film:

Visit Jessica's Facebook Page: The World of One Room :thumbsup::balloons:

merylg, WillowJ and NK17 like this.
  2. NK17

NK17 Senior Member

I'm overjoyed for Jessica as well as a backer of Jen Brea's film, these two young ladies are treasures to human beings!

We can only hope and work together to see more of this good stories.

Let's remember we climb the mountain one step at the time ;).

I also think the times are ripe for a real international movement of PWME, caregivers and doctors to break the wall of bad science and misinformation and start to climb our mountain, one step at the time.
    Min, merylg and Firestormm like this.
  3. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Great news for Jessica! Do we know what treatment finally got her out of bed after 8 years?
    ggingues and NK17 like this.
  4. NK17

NK17 Senior Member

I was so happy for her that I forgot to ask and @SOC preceded me .
  5. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    I can't discover 'a' reason though do read her Facebook page and see if you can. She mentions hydrotherapy, and acupuncture on her page most recently, but I don't think they are direct contributors to this development necessarily: at least Jess doesn't specifically put it down to anything.

It may be that it has 'simply happened' after a lot of gentle persistence, or that 'the time was right'... I really don't know/it isn't clear, and no drugs are mentioned either for example; however this is one very determined young lady who is clearly much loved and supported.

This also happened recently, and for the first time in 8 years:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    merylg and SOC like this.

See more popular forum discussions.