The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Working with Dr. Mariano

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by Bryan, May 3, 2015.

1. Bryan

Bryan

Has anyone worked directly with Dr. Mariano and gotten better?

2. SOC

SOC Senior Member

@Bryan
    There has been some discussion about Dr Mariano here at PR over time. You can find that information by searching Mariano using the Google Site Search

3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    He has/had an interesting forum but its stagnant for quite a while but still has some interesting info and threads. Probably in a similar school to jay goldstein but probably more refined with more endocrinology than goldstein who was more neurology.

I believe they havent met but would be interesting if they did.

4. Bryan

Bryan

I have read many threads on his website, but are there more examples of people who worked directly with him and got better? I am thinking of flying from the east coast to see him. I'm desperate.

5. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Hi Bryan,

Sorry you are having such a bad time. Could you tell us more about your situation by posting an introduction in Introduce Yourself?

Thanks,
    Sushi

barbc56 likes this.
  6. Bryan

Bryan

I just wanted to see some more examples of people that were helped by him. I feel like I am on my death bed. I can barely type words or look at a computer screen.

7. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)

From what i have read he is big into hydrocortisone for fatigue issues , it can help people get out of bed and increase function.

as for examples here hc is hit and miss ie some say its helped and others say its made them worse or feel bad on it.

8. Bryan

Bryan

I thought he said somewhere that hydrocortisone was too weak a treatment for many people. I got the impression that he preferred to use dopamine agonists/stimulants, antidepressants, and supplements to control inflammation (fish oil).

9. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)

Your probably right , maybe he starts with one treatment and tweaks things from there?

He seems anti the name adrenal fatigue and prefers adrenal dysfunction.

there is a couple of bodybuilding/antiaging forums that talk about Mariano ?

10. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Imo if it's too hard to find current info and people are talking about him then he's maybe not the right guy to go to. Especially if you have to travel.

If you'd give more info like @Sushi suggested and where you are, people could give you suggests of who might help you.

I've found for me, desperation is counter productive to making good decisions.

11. Bryan

Bryan

Does anyone know a good doctor in NJ or NY?

12. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    What kind of doctor? I think you will have to tell us more about your symptoms and medical needs.

Sushi

Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.