The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Work from home idea for artists, writers, musicians, etc.

Discussion in 'Finances, Work, and Disability' started by Andrew, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Are you some kind of content producer (artist, writer, podcast maker, music,etc) and you have enough oomph to still do this. Check this out www.patreon.com/. This is a site where artists can get patrons.

svetoslav80, ScottTriGuy and TiredSam like this.
  2. undiagnosed

undiagnosed Senior Member

United States
    I was thinking about setting one up to see if I could get some support to spend more time on research and software projects to help people with chronic diseases.

3. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    I'm an "artist" with consignments backing up. Ugh! Also poet, crafter, sewer, and no energy to do it. Sorry, also absent minded, forgot to look at your link.

Misfit Toy likes this.
  4. undiagnosed

undiagnosed Senior Member

United States
    Just wanted to let you guys know I created a Patreon page. If you have any feedback, I'd be happy to hear it. Also, if you or anyone you know are interested in the work I'm doing and have the means, I would greatly appreciate any support. I envision the software I am working on being useful to not only people with chronic disease, but also healthy individuals who are proactive about their health and get regular checkups (annual bloodwork, etc.). They'll benefit from anomaly and trend detection features to identify unusual changes in data early. Also, having healthy people in the database will be beneficial later on when machine learning algorithms are applied to diagnosis tasks.

Silencio, TiredSam and ScottTriGuy like this.
  5. Maya24

Maya24

This is a great idea

See more popular forum discussions.