Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by antares4141, Feb 21, 2018.
thanks for this interesting find; the solution is to use diluted vinegar, and diluted dish soap for all cleaning needs.
The subject of how harmful common household chemicals can be has been in the news here. Stopped using them years ago.
This is sexist... What about men who clean ? Why do they assume that only women have to clean the house ?
This doesn't surprise me, sadly
Maybe they didn't find enough of them to do statistics
Yes, very interesting, especially seeing that MCS isn't a real diagnosis. (sarcasm).
First I thought my condition was caused by occupational exposure to pesticides, and my symptoms were driven by chemicals, than when I discovered mold in my house I thought they were almost exclusively driven by mold. But when I moved out into the desert in a mold free building and continued to decline I found I also seem to be sensitized to gluten.
And than when I found while some very profound symptoms disappeared from a gluten free diet, others (very profound also) didn't quite go away. I suspect that was the constant exposure to VOC'S that are emitted by the drywall building I built inside of a warehouse specifically so I could control and monitor water damage and the resulting mold.
So I have come full circle. I am back to thinking chemical avoidance IS, AFTER ALL, a very big factor that has to be addressed as well.
And I'm not very good at that. I still expose myself to all kinds of things. Just the other day I was using a harbor freight drill and the motor decided to burn out. I got a few very good whiff's before I figured out what was happening. A couple of weeks before that my neighbor thought it would be cool to have a bonfire and throw creosote and arsenic treated railroad ties into the fire.
I smell something, I step outside and I can see the smoke it's so thick. The smoke could have gone any direction but my luck, there was a light breeze and it was directly towards my place. Actually I don't think that was luck. I think my neighbor didn't wan't to piss off any of the other neighbors so he waited for the wind to be going in my direction cause I'm the only one in it's path.
I don't think I'll ever be the same after that. It took me 15 minutes to get in my car and get off of my property cause I move my batteries around between vehicles and I was in a panic to get out of there.
I also wonder maybe the condition is viral or bacterial and the symptoms (sensitivities of every kind) are driven by the underlying infection.
Maybe some combination of exposures and underlying infection?
It's a random immune disorder like Lupus?
Who the hell knows! Very discouraging!
From the study:
I know my own case was a combination, where genetic, toxic exposure, low immunity, and chronic intracellular infections are involved.
I don't believe of a single cause for us, or if we have to find one, I would call it a civilisation illness
You can also try a Google Site Search
Separate names with a comma.