August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Woman has Islet Cells Transplanted to Liver After Pancreas Removal

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Little Bluestem, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

2. whodathunkit

whodathunkit Senior Member

@Little Bluestem, thanks for posting this! I didn't know that PWME have a higher rate of pancreatitis than the general population...interesting factoid. I'm still not entirely convinced that what's been going on with my gut lately is all due to gallstones from weight loss. Only time will tell. I've actually been pretty worried about chronic pancreatitis but it nice to know about stuff like this if it ever comes down to worst case scenario.

rosie26 and Little Bluestem like this.
  3. joshualevy

joshualevy Senior Member

I just searched pubmed, and did not find a single study showing that PWME or PWCFS have higher rates of pancreatitis.

Joshua Levy

4. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

Several ME doctors have noted that a large percentage of patients die from pancreatic failure. For example, Elizabeth Dowsett said:

rosie26 and Little Bluestem like this.
  5. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

When I was fed up with the negative findings in the animals I started cutting open dead young animals myself. Several had an affected pancreas. Part of it was what I called blubber while the rest of it looked normal to my untrained eye.

See more popular forum discussions.