• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wolfe Counting Sheep ~ My personal sleep 'study'

John H Wolfe

I've finally collected a full year's worth of data, crunched the numbers, and written a blog article on the results from my informal, personal year long sleep log exercise

I should note that I am a mild-moderate PWME and that there are a million and one ways to interpret the results - it may be unsound to draw too many conclusions for other PWME, even those with similar levels of severity of illness

Highlights include mild exercise enhancing how I felt on subsequent days (more intensive exercise had mixed, and often detrimental, impacts), the benefits of unorthodox front sleeping, and the influence of seasonality

Sleep duration was detrimentally effected by being awoken or awakening in the night and hyperventilation, and periods of unconsciousness appeared lengthened by back sleeping and multiple awakenings e.g. (early) morning

Full article here: http://johnhwolfe.wordpress.com/2014/04/27/365-day-sleep-log-my-results/

Enjoy! :)