• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Woken up with Blood in Urine this morning

leela

Last edited by a moderator:

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Thanks @MeSci :) x

I think marijuana would help me probably from the neck down but not the neck up. :D
If there was a way to stop it going to my head it could possibly be a fabulous calmer for the overdrive stuff that goes on ?.........

Sure is horrendous MeSci. You had it bad too.
The urgent-ness was very urgent. I had to try not to think about it until I was in position to go as, as soon as you think about going, you gotta go right then. And painful, yes, I wouldn't want to be a man with this, having a short urethra is bad enough.

I've never liked cranberry juice - guess I should try to drink it now :rolleyes:

Glad you aren't getting them now.
:hug:

@Hip has some good info on the different active ingredients in cannabis/marijuana here. It may be that you can get the CBD oil mentioned, but I don't know if that will help with cystitis pain. I could have a trawl through my files on cannabis to see if I can find out which ingredients help with that.

No need to drink cranberry juice, and it may be bad anyway due to added sugar. You can get much more of the active ingredients if you take it in tablets or capsules.

MeSci

@Hip has some good info on the different active ingredients in cannabis/marijuana here. It may be that you can get the CBD oil mentioned, but I don't know if that will help with cystitis pain. I could have a trawl through my files on cannabis to see if I can find out which ingredients help with that.

This study looks promising. It sounds like it's worth trying CBD for cystitis.

leela

Regarding cranberry capsules, back when I as having frequent UTIs, I took so much of it I developed an allergy.
This is why I personally prefer to have d-mannose on hand--and it brings relief almost immediately, if it's
e. coli infection, which is the case like 95% of the time. I was just one of the unlucky ones, that last time, where it wasn't,
and it moved to the kidneys. I've never had one since; instead it shifted to IC.

MeSci

Regarding cranberry capsules, back when I as having frequent UTIs, I took so much of it I developed an allergy.
This is why I personally prefer to have d-mannose on hand--and it brings relief almost immediately, if it's
e. coli infection, which is the case like 95% of the time. I was just one of the unlucky ones, that last time, where it wasn't,
and it moved to the kidneys. I've never had one since; instead it shifted to IC.

Oh dear - that's even worse, I believe. Have you tried anything for that which helps? Some people report benefit from sodium bicarbonate.

leela

Luckily I have a milder version of it now. And thanks, it's true, Tri-Salts help and also avoiding acid-forming foods, which make the pee burny.
I am with you on the CBD and what really helped was the raw juice of fresh leaf, but I cannot get that now that I moved out of state. Boo.
It was truly the best treatment for widespread body pain (except migraine), for sleep, and for general inflammation relief. Seriously my favorite most effective treatment.

rosie26

@leela @MeSci
:cat: :D

I am going to be really busy now with all this information - so much to look up :D Absolutely brilliant - will be a fantastic help. Will definitely get d mannose - sounds an excellent product. And CBD would be interesting to learn more about - which I will.

Thanks for bringing up IC - (interstitial cystitis ) too Leela, something to think about too if any further problems down the track.

Last edited:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
im going to say what a few others have said and say its a kidney stone. Do u get flank pain also. Generally they treat it by giving you something like morphine and then iv fluids to push the buggers out, if not they can use ultra sounds to break up the stones??

rosie26

Hi @heapsreal :)

I am on my last day of antibiotics and do feel better but still feel an odd twingy soreness in front area of what feels like could be the bladder wall and notice when I wee the urethra still has a bit of a bruised feeling - maybe will take awhile to settle.

I reckon I could still have some on going problems with this, just a feeling I get. It could be I passed a smallish stone and it irritated the walls or something or I could have had really bad luck and had e coli plus kidney stone or even more bad luck and have cystitis as well.

I have had a kidney stone, when I was in my 20's so I know all the painful signs of that one. And I haven't experienced that kind of pain with this episode. I do have lower soreness in the back at hip down.

I think having this laptop on my lap these last 4 months in bed has been a really stupid and dumb idea. As I think I have been putting to much pressure on my pelvic area and could have strained my muscles, organs perhaps. I often raise my legs to hold the laptop higher so I can read better and it makes the muscles work and they aren't at rest, so this could be the problem as well.
So in the process now of organizing laptop holder that won't be touching me.

If I have more problems I will have to get an ultrasound done. Just hope it all settles.

Thanks Heapsreal x