• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Winter 2017 edition of the Solve ME/CFS Initiative's newsletter available

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
Okay, maybe it is just me, but that interface (issuu.com) is very difficult for me to use.

I was able to zoom into the first page but then I could only see the top half. I could not scroll up and down. And even when I went to the full page mode I couldn't scroll up and down.

I'm on the paper mailing list so I'll get a copy that way. Just curious if someone else has tips on how to use that interface.

AndyPR

Okay, maybe it is just me, but that interface (issuu.com) is very difficult for me to use.

I was able to zoom into the first page but then I could only see the top half. I could not scroll up and down. And even when I went to the full page mode I couldn't scroll up and down.

I'm on the paper mailing list so I'll get a copy that way. Just curious if someone else has tips on how to use that interface.
Not just you, I don't find it a particularly intuitive way to read it. The double page spread is the biggest issue, it automatically wants to display it all on one screen which makes it impossible to read, zoom in and its difficult to adjust it to show what you want and to go to the next page you have to zoom back out. @Emily Taylor a bit of feedback for you, apart from the interface it looks good and I enjoyed reading the content.

Kati

Patient in training

For best viewing, you need to download the Issuu app. I did not have trouble viewing it within the app, providing I change the direction of my screen to portrait mode.

i would like to thank Carol Head, @znahle and the whole team working at SolveME/cfs, they are truly doing great and much needed work and moving forward. The seed grant program has exciting research in the works and they are knocking at the right doors though advocacy. please consider a donation in support of their work!

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
Hi @Kati

I'm on a laptop, not a phone. (I assume you're on a phone when you said you had to change your screen to portrait mode - correct?)

Anyway, I really don't want to download apps to my laptop (plus then I'd have to register, which means giving them my information, etc). It seems like issuu should work with the browser to handle simple zooming and scrolling. Sorry if that sounds a bit grumpy (ex-software engineer).

None of this is directed at Solve ME/CFS folks, just the issuu interface.

I did play around a bit more and it was somewhat more useful in full screen mode. Still not great but it was okay.