1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Wind turbines making people sick...

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by merylg, Jul 27, 2011.

1. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
  2. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, merylg.

I've heard some suggestions that the problems are caused not by the noise, but by electromagnetic radiation from the power processing circuitry that is used to match the output of the wind turbines to the electrical power grid. I don't know if this is true or not.

Rich

3. rwac

rwac Senior Member

Here's a video showing the flicker due to wind turbines.

[video=youtube;MbIe0iUtelQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbIe0iUtelQ[/video]

4. jace

jace Off the fence

England
    NIMBY vision. Hey, it's the negative of the flashing neon outside the window in a city apartment. Maybe they should increase the distance from dwellings, but really, it isn't life threatening. You could always draw the shades. It's not all day, anyway. I rather like the effect (and I want a wind turbine, if I ever have anywhere to put one).

5. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Hi Rich,

Yes, I had always thought the main health issue was from electromagnetic radiation. Guess there are multiple issues... also including the noise, strobing light & shadow, visual pollution, danger from fires spreading to the bush, hazard of disintegration with massive chunks of metal flying everywhere...

We need to take an interest because our govt (Australian) plans to put these everywhere!!!

6. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Hi rwac,

I would find that flicker highly disturbing! Enough to bring on a seizure for some people :(

7. jace

jace Off the fence

England
    I'd rather have a turbine near my house than live within 100 miles of Fukushima (or Chenobyl, for that matter). On the other hand, we could just give up using any electricity....

8. Francelle

Francelle Senior Member

Victoria, Australia

See more popular forum discussions.