1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Win $5,000 for Phoenix Rising and PANDORA in One-Time Facebook Vote!

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Mark, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Purple

Purple Bundle of purpliness

If request for voting in this contest is to be sent out, perhaps it would be good to wait until helen41 hears from MEFM Society of BC if they will take part too - so that people can hopefully vote for all 4 organizations :)
    Nielk likes this.
  2. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    The articles get posted to Facebook automatically. I don't know what else we might do on the Facebook page, I know next to nothing about Facebook. That's another big gap we need to fill: social media correspondent, to do something more active with our Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google+ sites. They're very under-developed; they need somebody who understands social media to do something with them.

That's tricky, I've been preparing a mailing about the contest this evening and my finger is hovering over the Send button right now. We need to get going quickly or PR will miss out. I'm going to send a full newsletter next Monday, and lead on the contest then again (with 2 days to go) - I can mention anybody else who's joined the contest then, so I think I'll send this mailing out anyway unless somebody shouts at me to stop in the next few minutes.

Am I right in thinking that only the top two organisations win any money in this contest?
    Purple likes this.
  3. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    I think you should just go ahead. The top voted canadian group only has 22 votes right now, from what I can tell. Plus, I does strike me that if we win all 4 prizes, the optics might look like we are pretty greedy ;)
  4. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    OK, I've gone ahead and sent out the mailing. :)
    helen41 likes this.
  5. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    4 prizes eh? I think I could live with being called greedy if we won all of them. :D
    Sasha and helen41 like this.
  6. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Mark, from what I understand now, they will chose the top two US and top two Canadian entries. I do agree though that you should just send out what you have now.
  7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Well, our votes have perked up a bit overnight since Maria very kindly posted about the contest on her MEandYou Facebook page - thanks, Maria! :thumbsup:

Here's how things are now:

1. Puppies: 590
    2. Military families (out of nowhere): 507
    3. PANDORA: 412
    4. Windsong School: 395
    5. Dobermans: 379
    6. Search & Rescue: 184
    7. Phoenix Rising: 175

So, the good news is we got more votes but the bad news is that a new charity came out of nowhere and pushed our position down one.

Spread the word! Vote! :)
  8. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    That's what appeared to be the case originally but now Bogs have put out new info and have confirmed that they'll be giving prizes to the top two US and the top two Canadian winners:

https://www.facebook.com/bogsfootwear/posts/10151795425444365

All this late-breaking info is because Bogs have provided a dead link to their official rules which apparently remains well dead despite people asking them to fix it. o_O
    helen41 likes this.
  9. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We've just passed the Search & Rescue charity by one vote and we're back in 6th place. :thumbsup:

Let's hope this keeps up - vote, tell your friends...
    Firestormm likes this.
  10. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    There's a second Canadian charity in now so please vote for them too - we can each vote for all four of our charities and because two are US and two are Canadian, they can all win $2,500 each!

The fourth charity is the MEFM Society of BC:

http://woobox.com/nopbx5/vote/for/1010579
  11. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
  12. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Current situation:

1. Puppies: 590
    2. Military families: 625
    3. Windsong School: 470
    4. PANDORA: 463
    5. Dobermans: 399
    6. Phoenix Rising: 218
    [...]
    8. National ME/FM Action Network:132
    [...]
    25. MEFM Society of BC: 35
  13. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    This morning:

1. Puppies: 756
    2. Military families: 629
    3. Windsong School: 472
    4. PANDORA: 481
    5. Dobermans: 407
    6. Phoenix Rising: 236
    [...]
    8. National ME/FM Action Network:146
    [...]
    24. MEFM Society of BC: 48

This is very, very winnable - only a few hundred votes in it and voting numbers are generally low in this contest - the leaders have gained only a handful of votes overnight.

I've put a new message out (I hope, haven't really got the hang of it) on Co-cure which I hope will come out later today so let's see if that perks things up.

Meanwhile, please do vote, including for our two new charities in this contest - they're not in direct competition, all four will win $2,500 if they're in the top four.

And tell your friends and family to vote! :)
  14. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    We won $2500 for both Canadian groups (ME/FM Action Network and MEFM Society of BC). Unfortunately, we didn't manage to win for either PR or PANDORA in the American part. the vote numbers there were very high
    Still, another $5000 for our community is wonderful!
    Firestormm, Sasha and Bob like this.
  15. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK

Tx! Well done, voters! :balloons:
    Firestormm likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.