1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Patient Experience: "What Bronllys taught me about pacing."
In 2012, Maya, who had tried to cope with ME/CFS on her own for many years, attended a pain management centre in Wales, U.K., and is now able to achieve more through pacing and acceptance, than she had been able to before the course...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Win $5,000 for Phoenix Rising and PANDORA in One-Time Facebook Vote!

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Mark, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

View the Post on the Blog

View the Post on the Blog
  2. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Anybody else having trouble voting?
  3. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    This is easy for us. We have had practice. Practice makes perfect. Our combined effort will show results.
    Sasha likes this.
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I did a day or so ago, when I couldn't figure out that I need to click the "Like" button outside of the popup box, before the button inside the box :p
    Sasha likes this.
  5. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Thanks. :)
  6. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Haven't you also got to say 'Okay' to 'Photo Contest' too? I don't especially like some company having access to my Facebook friends or my home page - but I don't understand Facebook. So can someone tell me what that is all about please? Thanks :)
    Simon likes this.
  7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK

After I'd tried out my instructions on PANDORA and my article had been published, I then voted for Phoenix Rising and had to like the Photo Contest too, surprisingly.

helen41, is this necessary? And if so, what are the implications for people? (Anyone else knowledgeable about Facebook, please feel free to answer).

I only use Facebook for online voting contests and have set up an account attached to a dummy email account that isn't in my real name (to dissuade people from trying to contact me socially, since I won't be replying to any contacts). I don't mind 'liking' stuff for that reason but it's a personal choice if your account is 'real'.
  8. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    So...

This morning, we've got:

1. Some puppies :confused: with 488
    2. Windsong school: 316
    3. Some Dobermans :confused::confused:: 287
    4. PANDORA :): 233
    [...]
    10. Phoenix Rising :cool: : 81

So we're underway but need to get cracking so let's get on with it - vote! Tell your friends! Remember, we've only got until next Wednesday.
  9. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    I already had the photo contest app installed, so I guess I didn't see that you had to give it permissions. I suppose you could simple allow the app and delete it right away. Your vote would still count.I do an app sweep every couple of months, and deleting them is not difficult. If you delete an app you still use, you will simply have to allow it again next time you use it, so there isn't much of a risk of doing anything wrong.
    go to "app center" on the lower left of your FB page
    go to "your apps" on the lower left
    click the little "x" on each app that you want to delete
    Sasha and Firestormm like this.
  10. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    helen41 Thank you for that. I have never visited my home page before! Believe it or not. Discovered I had other 'apps' installed I didn't know about, including one from a previous voting competition. Facebook sucks - except for winning people money :)
    helen41 and Sasha like this.
  11. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    OK, we're on the move:

1. Puppies: 504
    2. Windsong School: 318
    3. Dobermans: 315
    4. PANDORA: 245
    5. Search & Rescue: 169
    6. Phoenix Rising: 91

Let's keep at it - pile on, everyone, tell your friends!
    helen41 and Valentijn like this.
  12. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY

Thank you, Helen. I did not know about this app center feature. I just went to check it and discovered a lot of apps which I have just deleted.:)
    Simon and Firestormm like this.
  13. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    Voted but it took me a while. I had to disable my Facebook app -- Facebook Disconnect. This app stops FB from tracking your internet activity. After I voted, I turned my app back on. :)
    Firestormm likes this.
  14. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We're speeding up but not as fast as PANDORA:

1. Puppies: 519
    2. Windsong School: 350
    3=. Dobermans: 333
    3=. PANDORA: 333
    5. Search & Rescue: 170
    6. Phoenix Rising: 110
  15. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Ahh if only every member of the forum voted on Facebook we would romp home :)
    Sasha likes this.
  16. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    The current state of play:

1. Puppies: 559
    2=. Windsong School: 371
    2=. Dobermans: 371
    4. PANDORA: 368
    5. Search & Rescue: 180
    6. Phoenix Rising: 127

So, PANDORA very close to getting into the coveted top two while we're still in our run-up.

A lot of our fundraising team who'd normally be posting this all over the place are on the sick list so if you can not only vote but spread the word on Facebook, that would be great.

Let's bag that money! :)
    Firestormm and Nielk like this.
  17. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I just shared on Facebook but, I think it would be helpful if PR would share again on Facebook with easy voting instructions.
    Sasha likes this.
  18. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    Bogs just responded to a question on their wall and clarified there are 2 US prizes AND 2 Canadian prizes. We haven't been able to read the rules, so we had no idea. May12th nominated ME/FM Action Network http://woobox.com/nopbx5/vote/for/1007334
    Please give them a one time vote. I have a call in to MEFM Society of BC to see if we can get them in as well.
    Unfortunately, the chronic diseases clinic would not qualify as their operating budget is too high, from what I can tell
  19. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK

Thanks, Nielk - what do you mean about PR sharing again on FB? I'm a complete FB ignoramus.
  20. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    They shared this article when it came out from their Faccebook page. This is great but, they should send out reminders with the link for voting. PR reaches about a thousand more people than I do.

See more popular forum discussions.