• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Win 100,000 for National ME/FM Action Network - just a few clicks

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
We have a great opportunity to win $100,000 for the National ME/FM Action Network, anyone in the world can vote, it's very easy, just need a facebook account!

Here's a bit about them if you are unfamiliar:

The National ME/FM Action Network is a Canadian, registered charitable organization of volunteers reaching out internationally and dedicated to helping the medical, scientists, legal and the general public in spreading awareness for ME/CFS and FMS. They spearheaded the Working Case Clinical Definitions, Diagnostic & treatment Protocols for ME/CFS and FM Consensus Documents, known world-wide as the Canadian Definitions and will be host to the IACFSME International Conference for ME and FM in Ottawa Sept 22-25. These efforts are invaluable to the scientific and research communities.

Let's help them, help us to get better :D

1. Just follow this link to the Vivint Contest page http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/855
2. Log in to your facebook account
3. "Like" Vivint page
4. Click on "Vote" button on the National ME/FM page

It will say that the vote is successful when you are finished.

Very Important - We are allowed to vote for it once per day, so set a reminder for yourself to vote every day!!
After voting the first time, just need to follow the steps above again, but you will not be asked to "Like" Vivint again.

WPI is competing in the Pacific region of the contest and is #1 currently, if you are already voting for WPI, we still need on-going support for them. We need totally new voters for National ME/FM!! If you are not voting, :Sign Please: vote for National ME/FM Action Network! Please spread this to friends and family, we are already halfway through the contest, and need to catch up to first place in the Canada region or they will not win anything.

We can win $100,000 for the WPI and $100,000 for National ME/FM Action Network - it is up to us, we have the power!

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
WPI is in first place in their region with 40,087 votes, Be Perfect is in second place with 12,167. WPI is winning by 27,920 votes

ME/FM National is in third place in their region with 5,795 votes, Light and love home is in first with 22,116 votes. ME/FM National is loosing by 16,329

I want WPI to win and would also like to see ME/FM National win rather then non relavent charities. I really hate to see the thousands of extra votes going to help Light and Love home win rather then to help us

ME/FM spearheaded the Canadian Consensus and now the National one. They are working with researchers here in Canada and are doing much more then many realize. Please consider helping them to also win $100,000

http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/855

glen

jace

Off the fence
There are 35 days left to vote in this Vivint competition. I still worry we are counting our chickens before they are hatched. As the contest reaches a climax, all groups that are seriously in the race will redouble efforts. But even with all things remaining equal, the 400 plus extra votes a day ME/FM need to top their leaderboard at the end could jeopardise the WPI's position. Why not reach out to all the fibromyalgia groups on facebook with effective appeals to get them starting to vote for ME/FM Network?

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

frenchtulip

There are 35 days left to vote in this Vivint competition. I still worry we are counting our chickens before they are hatched. As the contest reaches a climax, all groups that are seriously in the race will redouble efforts. But even with all things remaining equal, the 400 plus extra votes a day ME/FM need to top their leaderboard at the end could jeopardise the WPI's position. Why not reach out to all the fibromyalgia groups on facebook with effective appeals to get them starting to vote for ME/FM Network?

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I haven't read all of the threads pertaining to the Vivint contest. I know that some have been contacting groups to ask for votes for National ME/FM Action Network, which is great. The votes from my house have been going largely for the WPI with some thrown in for the Canadian group, because it is also quite deserving. I really don't want to take votes away from the WPI in case one of the larger groups in the Pacific Region should make a last minute run for the gold. But there are so many FM and CFS/CFIDS/ME patients who are not voting. I think we should target those people, esp. on Facebook, with a drafted "effective appeal" for their votes. We could divide up the most active groups on Facebook--maybe according to country or several-state region of the U.S.--and post the drafted request. It wouldn't be too much work for any one person. Maybe each of us could take 10 or so groups. With that just that number of posts per person, we shouldn't get in trouble with Facebook. We could also make some comments on one another's posts--for emphasis. We have 35 days left. I would so love to see both organizations win!

Frank

Let's try, collecting votes now

Ask three friends trough Facebook chat to cast a vote for the national ME/FM network trough Vivint.

Dear (friends name), I want to ask you for a favor. Please vote on through the following link: http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/855 , click on the like button, click on the login button, wait a few seconds, click Vote, thank you!

We have a great opportunity to win $100,000 for the National ME/FM Action Network, anyone in the world can vote, it's very easy, just need a facebook account!

Here's a bit about them if you are unfamiliar:

The National ME/FM Action Network is a Canadian, registered charitable organization of volunteers reaching out internationally and dedicated to helping the medical, scientists, legal and the general public in spreading awareness for ME/CFS and FMS. They spearheaded the Working Case Clinical Definitions, Diagnostic & treatment Protocols for ME/CFS and FM Consensus Documents, known world-wide as the Canadian Definitions and will be host to the IACFSME International Conference for ME and FM in Ottawa Sept 22-25. These efforts are invaluable to the scientific and research communities.

Let's help them, help us to get better :D

1. Just follow this link to the Vivint Contest page http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/855
2. Log in to your facebook account
3. "Like" Vivint page
4. Click on "Vote" button on the National ME/FM page

It will say that the vote is successful when you are finished.

Very Important - We are allowed to vote for it once per day, so set a reminder for yourself to vote every day!!
After voting the first time, just need to follow the steps above again, but you will not be asked to "Like" Vivint again.

WPI is competing in the Pacific region of the contest and is #1 currently, if you are already voting for WPI, we still need on-going support for them. We need totally new voters for National ME/FM!! If you are not voting, :Sign Please: vote for National ME/FM Action Network! Please spread this to friends and family, we are already halfway through the contest, and need to catch up to first place in the Canada region or they will not win anything.

We can win $100,000 for the WPI and $100,000 for National ME/FM Action Network - it is up to us, we have the power!

Thanks for this post. FYI, we have an event set up that if you join it you will get a dialy facebook message. Join https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=110293289062328

WPI is now leading by 28627 in its region. If you do the math it's slim to none that any of it's competition can start to pull in enough votes to close the gap and over take WPI. You're watch the numbers daily so you'll see if they start get massive increases in their #'s . I think it's very safe at this time to share your votes with the National Group so we can win $100,000 too - that's $200,000 for our community.

jace

Off the fence
Well, votes are being lost by the WPI. Whether it's because they are moving to ME/FMN, because we did so well in donations or people relaxing after Conejo were disqualified, or a combination of the three, who knows? Here's a graph I've made:

Screenshot2011-07-25at084902.png

Frank, I love your idea, but I've been asking my facebook friends to vote from the beginning. They don't all do it though, so I've reworked it to send to those that I'm not certain are with the WPI:

Dear (friends name), I want to ask you for a favor. Please vote on through the following link: http://www.vivint.com/givesbackproject/charity/769 , click on the like button, click on the login button, wait a few seconds, click Vote, thank you!

Really nice, succinct instructions :Sign Good Job:

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Well, votes are being lost by the WPI. Whether it's because they are moving to ME/FMN, because we did so well in donations or people relaxing after Conejo were disqualified, or a combination of the three, who knows?

My guess as to why the WPI is losing votes is that people are just tiring of voting everyday, maybe because they are so far ahead people don't feel enough incentive?? I don't know. The majority of the votes are not being lost to the National ME/FM because we are not seeing a corresponding increase in their numbers when WPI is down.

As Jace suggested, getting FM groups on board is a fabulous idea that hasn't really gotten off the ground. How can we "market" this to these groups so that they become interested? I have gotten the feeling, and I hope it's not true, that some FM patients may want to distance themselves from CFS (I don't know about ME). FM has been "legitimized" in mainstream, and I know a couple people with FM who don't seem convinced about CFS.

I don't know what National ME/FM does for FM specifically. If we understand that and why FM patients should care, then maybe we will have a starting place.

Dolphin

I don't know what National ME/FM does for FM specifically. If we understand that and why FM patients should care, then maybe we will have a starting place.
As well as consensus guidelines for ME/CFS, there were separate guidelines for FMS - don't know much about them, though.

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
Thank you for posting the reminder ggingues - I have been voting every day too but need the reminder!! I try and vote or help wherever I can - #830

glen

As well as consensus guidelines for ME/CFS, there were separate guidelines for FMS - don't know much about them, though.

They support FM patients the same as ME patients. They help with doctors, legal support, education just to name a few and of course the International conf in Sept which includes FM.

We have targeted FM groups from the beginning of the contest.

Stats that would be of interest would be WPI relative to their competiton. WPI may be losing votes but if the net result is a daily increase then lower votes is less of a concern. Does anyone have these stats to graph? The votes aren't going to National group - there counts are fairly stable. We're still working on new groups so please support us.

liquid sky

It's hard to remember to vote every day. I have been voting for WPI, but sometimes I just plain forget.