1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Will Nevada budget impact WPI???

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by sarahg, Feb 8, 2010.

1. sarahg

sarahg Admin Assistant

Pennsylvania

blah the software wants me to have more characters.
  2. sarahg

sarahg Admin Assistant

Pennsylvania
    What's very strange about this article is that between yesterday and today a paragraph has been taken out about how this would impact Nevada's higher education system. I don't know if that means it was inacurate or what. (I hope Tina will see this and tell us the reasons that might happen) or maybe I have skimmed over it and it is still here, but I don't think so. The gist of the missing paragraph was that entire colleges within Nevada's 2 public universities would be eliminated, and the public universities budgets across the board would be reduced greatly.

My point is if you live in Nevada, and maybe if you don't, it is time to start writing to state legislators, and perhaps national ones to remind them just how pivotal WPI is or may become to all of us. If I remember correctly, some of the money to build the still under construction WPI building was coming from the state. I don't think any of the money was federal, but I could be wrong.

This is also one more reason to donate to WPI.

If anyone can find more updated info about how this address by the governor went and specifically what he said about higher education cutbacks, could you please post it here??????

also, apologies, I don't know how to put quote boxes around "outside" things.

ETA: thanks Kim! I did it!
  3. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

I manually put in the tags [/quote] for the end and
  4. anne

anne Guest

I'm pretty sure the WPI is expecting to take a serious hit.
  5. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Thing is WPI may be the best thing that could happen to Nevada- News around the world talk about it, patients will congregate from around the world, use hotels and restaurants, and eventually scieintists and doctors will also come to learn. Clinical trials means that pharma companies will come around too with their money... How can they not win?
  6. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    I hope somebody tells them this.
  7. Hope123

Hope123 Senior Member

I think they already know it. There was an article from a paper in Reno a few months back talking about how the WPI and CFS would attract money and business to Nevada.

Sarahg makes a good point though.

FYI, the WPI is also sharing a $1.6 million NIH federal grant with Dr. Kerr to be released over 5 years time.

See more popular forum discussions.