Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

will DIM help detox endocrine disruptors?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by ebethc, Jan 28, 2015.

1. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

If DIM helps your body eliminate excess estrogen, will it then help your body eliminate excess chemicals that mimic estrogen?

Also, I am at the tail end of perimenopause, so I don't have a lot of extra estrogen. My 2nd question: will DIM reduce the small amount of estrogen that I am now producing naturally (which would not be desired)?

BTW - when I take DIM, I feel like my sinuses are a little less stuffy and my head feels better (a little less foggy, more relaxed)

thanks.

2. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    @ebethc - not to sound dim (pun intended!), but what is DIM?

3. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

4. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    Wow - sounds like interesting stuff. I'd never heard of it before. I have no idea about the answers to your questions, though am guessing that since it helps eliminate toxins, that it quite likely could help eliminate chemicals that mimic estrogen, but this is only a guess of course. I don't know what it would do to your normal estrogen levels.

Since you feel better taking it, maybe do an experiment and see how you do. I do that all the time if something seems benign or helpful. I'm going to look into it for myself because I get sick way too much.

5. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    ebethc likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.