1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Will being on a B12 protocol invalidate the results of a methylation panel?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by PWCalvin, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Patrick*

Patrick* Formerly PWCalvin

California
    I just received the kit from Health Diagnostics for their Methylation Pathways Panel. But it occurred to me that the results might not be valid now that I've been on a methylation protocol for about a month already.

Before I spend the $300 for the test, does anybody know the answer to this?

2. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, PW.

It's O.K. The panel will tell you the status of your methylation cycle, folate metabolism, and glutathione at the time you give the blood samples. You can keep doing the methylation protocol when you give the samples. In our clinical study, the patients did this, and the results came out fine. The main parameters that are measured change relatively slowly and are not affected by whether supplements are being taken when the blood is sampled. That's the reason some of the measurements are done on the red blood cells. They average over a longer time than the blood plasma.

Best regards,

Rich

3. Patrick*

Patrick* Formerly PWCalvin

California
    Thank you, Rich!!

See more popular forum discussions.