• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Will being on a B12 protocol invalidate the results of a methylation panel?

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
I just received the kit from Health Diagnostics for their Methylation Pathways Panel. But it occurred to me that the results might not be valid now that I've been on a methylation protocol for about a month already.

Before I spend the $300 for the test, does anybody know the answer to this?

richvank

I just received the kit from Health Diagnostics for their Methylation Pathways Panel. But it occurred to me that the results might not be valid now that I've been on a methylation protocol for about a month already.

Before I spend the $300 for the test, does anybody know the answer to this?

Hi, PW.

It's O.K. The panel will tell you the status of your methylation cycle, folate metabolism, and glutathione at the time you give the blood samples. You can keep doing the methylation protocol when you give the samples. In our clinical study, the patients did this, and the results came out fine. The main parameters that are measured change relatively slowly and are not affected by whether supplements are being taken when the blood is sampled. That's the reason some of the measurements are done on the red blood cells. They average over a longer time than the blood plasma.

Best regards,

Rich