1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Will be starting Ketamine treatment.

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Misfit Toy, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

Anyone else try it? In pain and need help. Opiates make me too sick so this is the next step. Pain can be out of control.

If you've tried it, tell me your experience. Will be doing nasal spray.

Emootje and Mudhole like this.
  2. SDSue

SDSue Florida

Florida
    @Misfit Toy - Haven't tried it, but I'll be eagerly stalking you and hoping for some good reports :thumbsup:

Misfit Toy likes this.
  3. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

@SDSue -do you have pain to?

4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    I think if you've tried everything else, and you don't get relief, then you have to try it.

Just make sure you have nothing to do and maybe let someone know. Do you have someone who can sit with you while you try it?

Misfit Toy likes this.
  5. Mudhole

Mudhole

Please keep us posted on how Ketamine is working for you.

Misfit Toy likes this.
  6. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

Mud, will do! Minkey, no. Nobody.

7. SDSue

SDSue Florida

Florida
    Rarely do I have joint pain, for which I am eternally grateful. But my head and neck pain is severe and constant. If I could get rid of even just the head pain my days would be so much better. Is yours more widespread?

8. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

Sue, it's everywhere. I have Fibro and Sjogrens along with IC and Endo. So....I have TOO much pain. Ketamine helps head pain from what I have read...instantly.

9. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    I tried it many years ago and had a pretty bad reaction to it. My memories are a bit fuzzy, but I seem to remember rubbing some kind of ketamine gel into my neck and base of skull for pain relief. My best recollection is that it made be extremely anxious. I would recommend starting out with a very small initial dose to see how it affects you. I also seem to remember hearing good testimonials from others who've tried it. Good luck, I hope you can get some pain relief from it.

Misfit Toy likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.