1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Why wrinkled fingers and toes?

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by Bayly, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Bayly

Bayly

Kentucky
    Periodically, my finger tips become wrinkled and have no bounce back when pressure is applied. My toes do the same thing. Generally, my hands and feet feel like they don't have enough fluid and become wrinkled and very dry.

Nothing seems to help. If I increase my already very high volume of fluids, or if I move around more, the symptoms stay the same. It seems like I have neuropathic pain return in my feet and legs when the "wrinkled fingers" come back.

Tell me if you experience this and/or if you know what causes it. Many thanks!
  2. Stone

Stone Senior Member

NC
    Me too

:confused:I do indeed have that and I also have no idea why. Similarly, increasing my fluid intake along with my salt intake (to hold the fluid) seems to make no difference. It comes and goes in all seasons of the year, but in general seems to be worse when my symptoms in general are worse, but there are some exceptions. Stumped too.
  3. chili

chili

I have this as well, along with a pink to dusky red skin appearance over the distal phalanges that is especially prominent with exposure to cold. The wrinkles are oriented along the long axis of the finger. Since my hands and feet sweat a lot more, I'm thinking it is a sympathetic nervous system response.

See more popular forum discussions.