1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Why some people seem to resist severe illness

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Marlène, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
    Esther12 likes this.
  2. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
    My question is: do your levels of CD8 rise after a treatment of antivirals, antibiotics or anti-rheumatism?

3. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
  4. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    I have low CD8+ cells, even after antiviral treatments. In fact, my CD8+ lymphocytes continue to decrease.:( I feel vastly better after antivirals, though, even if they didn't improve my CD8+ cell numbers.

B-12 doesn't appear to have done anything for my CD8+ cell numbers. I've taken B-12 in all its various forms, and at a variety of dosages from small to huge. I haven't been B-12 deficient in the 8 years or so we've been testing for it. Perhaps for those who are deficient, B-12 might improve CD8+ numbers.

My CD8+ deficiency appears to be recalcitrant. I'm guessing that it's either a genetic, rather than environmental, issue or some as yet unknown pathogen :ninja: is chewing up my poor CD8+ T lymphocytes.

vli likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.