1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

WHy Sleep when you can EST: Military study "shocks" troops awake

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by leela, Feb 18, 2014.

1. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Kill me now.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...e-operators/V8ZG5DEYze4lCoGlloq14H/story.html

heapsreal likes this.
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    mm not sure what to make of it for us.

I wonder how well they slept after being shocked awake for longer then they would normally have been awake for??

I wish they could shock us to sleep, i think i would prefer that ??? maybe???
  3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Using shocks to keep their personal awake... I guess just shows how much defence forces care about the ones who work for them health.

At least one study has shown that ones immune system goes down with less then a week of poor nightly sleep.

Anyone want to bet that this will be trialed on those who have ME/CFS? .. "sleep deprived" people. How long before the defence force does a trial of electric shock treatment on its GWS people. (I refuse to call them that new name.. I suggest all boycott it).
    heapsreal likes this.
  4. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Dr. Cheney thinks that CFS is a minor seizure disorder, so I would think that electrical shocks would just make it worse.

To boycott it, we would first have to remember it. I doubt that many of us do. o_O
    Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.