1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Why not Ketamine?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Mudhole, Apr 30, 2014.

1. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    ENGLAND????
    I'm Scottish.:p

I really do have a massive phobia. It is not irrational either.
    What is the biggest killer in the world?
    Malaria.

How do you get it?

Injection by a sneaky beastie!
    justy and Valentijn like this.
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Maybe you should leave your standard-issue Scottish broadsword at home then, when it's time for infusions :p
    Sushi likes this.
  3. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    :D I'm more likely to have it with me, and my sgian dhu tucked into my bedsock.:cautious:
    Valentijn, searcher and Sushi like this.
  4. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    It has not been widely studied for use as an anti-depressant.

It's long term effects are not known.

The effects on depression seem to be short-lived.

Have there been any studies using ME/CFS patients?

There is no such thing as a non-toxic drug -- it's how it's used that is a better measure of safety. As already stated, it can destroy your bladder -- that suggests it is very toxic.

Why not try it , you ask. Well for one I am not depressed. I still occasionally grieve over all the things I have lost and no drug is going to take that away. That's a process that all people go through when dealing with any illness, I don't think it's appropriate to medicate some things away and really you can't. I think for relief from a severe depression or suicide ideation it might be useful though.
    Valentijn and peggy-sue like this.
  5. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne

That's true. This counts for all drugs, including prescription drugs. Prescription drugs kill more people than illegal drugs.
    Fogbuster and justy like this.
  6. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    A very old saying is; "The poison is the dose."
  7. manna

manna Senior Member

ive tried low dose halucinogen therapy (as in you don't "trip"). banisteriopsis caapi leaf tea for one; legal (in the uk) and completely herbal, great mood stabiliser. its been found through much use that daily low doses of halucinogen therapy, of even natural substances, comes back to bite you and that once every 3 days was the maximum recommended frequency. kratom is another though more for pain and relaxing. you can do similar to ketamine with natural substances. personally i avoid synthetic anything as there are always safer alternatives ime. ayahuasca is more about the insights but also removes physical, emotional, mental and spiritual blocks so the healing is physiological and energetic too...plus much much more. i avoid needles, not through fear of being spiked but it just aint right in my book. nothing should enter the body without first passing the mucous membrane.
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
    acrosstheveil likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.