Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Why MEAdvocacy Does Not Applaud the News from NIH...Yet

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Nielk, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Nielk

Nielk

NIH has released a News Release announcing a strengthening of efforts to advance research for ME/CFS. Do the promises outlined in the announcement actually usher a new era of hope for the long suffering ME/CFS patients? Read more:
    http://www.meadvocacy.org/why_meadvocacy_does_not_applaud_the_news_from_nih_yet

read more here

mango and JohnnyD like this.
  2. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    So they could be studying a tiny group of patients (40?) with who knows what illness. Sounds like more Fukuda Follies to me.

The press release says nothing about funding or issuing an RFA. It's all about re-arranging the deck chairs. With 23 different chefs on the re-arranged committee, the broth probably won't be edible.

These people have learned nothing about our illness in the past 30 years, and if they continue to focus on "fatigue", they will learn nothing in the next 30 years. Thank God the Norwegians and other independent researchers are not waiting for NIH.

3. Sean

Sean Senior Member

We will know how serious they are when we see the amount of money on the table, and what they spend it on.

See more popular forum discussions.