1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

why is my new supplement making me urinate so much :(

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by Ambrosia_angel, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Ambrosia_angel

Ambrosia_angel Senior Member

England
    Is this a good thing. Is it detoxing or doing something bad to be kidneys? I'm so confused...

It's really a sudden urge as well which makes it difficult because I need to get to the toilet quick and I'm a slow walker...

If it's a good thing then I'll get used to it. Anyone else had this problem?
  2. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    Which supplement is it?
    Plum likes this.
  3. Ambrosia_angel

England
    Moringa oleifera. Does that make a difference? There's no information online that it makes people go toilet a lot. I just want to know if that is a good or bad sign? If your unsure than no worries :)
  4. Ambrosia_angel

England
    Just learnt that the term for this is diuretics. Anyone know if this is a good or bad thing?

I don't have inflammatory problems etc but do get very frequent infections. Should I be worried about this side effect?
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member

Vancouver, British Columbia
    A diuretic is something that "promotes the production of urine" so it makes sense that you would be urinating much more often while you are using Moringa Oleifera as one of its listed properties is that of a diuretic.
  6. Ambrosia_angel

England
    Oh okay. I didn't know the term diuretic before I made this thread so I learnt something today
  7. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

The problem with diuretics--besides the inconvenience of going to the bathroom all the time--is that they can dehydrate you.
  8. Ambrosia_angel

England
    I was thinking that. I just have to drink more I guess.

Do diuretics that valuable minerals from the body or do they suck out toxins? Or both?
  9. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member

Vancouver, British Columbia
    Using diuretics can lead to mineral deficiencies if used long term, especially without increasing minerals either through your diet or with supplements.
  10. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

Depends on the diuretic. Some cause potassium to build up, so if you eat something with a lot of potassium you could be in trouble, altho probably not as badly as this woman:

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/mar/vital-signs-a-puzzling-high-potassium#.Us5_a3-9KSM
  11. santi

santi

The thing with diuretics is that make you urinate more, even if you drink the same! So take care to drink more water, or you will get more concentrated blood and thus increasing the uric acid, among other problems.

See more popular forum discussions.