• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Why is Australia so behind the rest of the world in tests and immune modulators??

taniaaust1

Does anyone know if Dr Deed has any patients in Sth Australia? Im wondering if I ever managed to have a phone appointment with him if he knew of a good doctor over here who would work with what he says or if he'd know where I could get tests done here eg tilt table testing (which I need so a doctor will believe I have an issue with POTS)

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
Perhaps I read this wrong but it gave me a chuckle Rusty!

Hi Francelle, did I say it wrong?:worried: I am a bit befuddled atm, but I guess it does sound odd. The intelligence test was a valid test carried out by a psychologist. Sadly, over the course of the test I got worse and in the end could not complete it. I have 2 degrees, yet the test showed my IQ was below the median percentile. This would be a standard response from most people with me/cfs.

Despite the presentation of spect scans etc, it was the only evidence that was really accepted as independent and validation of what I was saying.

In the end I was quite happy to be diagnosed by anyone, as long as I was able to be put on disability. I am way past the point of being concerned about whether other people think I have a psychological illness or not. But it would be sweet if it could be proved that it was a retrovirus. Won't give me back the last 20 yrs though.:D

TinyT

Hi last name begins with C and my gut instinct is he would be a waste of time to see.

That's good Dr Deed can and will post out scripts etc.

Yup thats the one! A bit creepy I found, not very personable, not at all like Dr D