1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Why is Australia so behind the rest of the world in tests and immune modulators??

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Tulip, Jun 26, 2011.

1. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Does anyone know if Dr Deed has any patients in Sth Australia? Im wondering if I ever managed to have a phone appointment with him if he knew of a good doctor over here who would work with what he says or if he'd know where I could get tests done here eg tilt table testing (which I need so a doctor will believe I have an issue with POTS)
  2. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Brisbane, Aust
    Hi Francelle, did I say it wrong?:worried: I am a bit befuddled atm, but I guess it does sound odd. The intelligence test was a valid test carried out by a psychologist. Sadly, over the course of the test I got worse and in the end could not complete it. I have 2 degrees, yet the test showed my IQ was below the median percentile. This would be a standard response from most people with me/cfs.

Despite the presentation of spect scans etc, it was the only evidence that was really accepted as independent and validation of what I was saying.

In the end I was quite happy to be diagnosed by anyone, as long as I was able to be put on disability. I am way past the point of being concerned about whether other people think I have a psychological illness or not. But it would be sweet if it could be proved that it was a retrovirus. Won't give me back the last 20 yrs though.:D
  3. TinyT

TinyT Senior Member

Australia
    Yup thats the one! A bit creepy I found, not very personable, not at all like Dr D

See more popular forum discussions.