• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Why I put more trust in homeopathy than conventional medicine" (on CBT and GET)

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
It wouldn't contravene thermodynamics if the waves where converted into some other form of energy. I'm not adding energy.

I see you're point however I prayed to Pollack and consulted the holy book and he indeed addresses this. He says if they where stacked normally they would fly apart however "The planar shift also creates some repulsion's: nearby like charged atoms from respective planes repel one another. However repulsion are fewer than the attractions; and those repulsive forces push away the repelling atoms, thereby weakening the net repulsive force. Indeed our computations have shown the attractive forces easily win out".

It is not a problem of adding energy in that sense. It is a problem of free energy and entropy. It cannot work.

It makes no difference how you draw the stack. If it is a stack of n OH- ions it has a net negative charge of n and blows apart. This is where it is so extraordinary that Pollack thinks he is building a viable model. It may be that I have misread him saying that the formula is (OH)n. The diagram you posted seems to have a formula (H3O2)n but it is not entirely clear and does not indicate the charges.

I am sorry but I think we have probably done this to death. And given the other half dozen objections to water memory I gave it all seems of no interest anyway. I think maybe we should take note of Kati's comment.

sb4

The additional peaks would be in the IR range, not the UV-vis range - which is the wrong energy range to be concerned with.
Well apparently the hexagonal structure should have peaks in 270 and does. This shows structural difference. Also dont quote me however I think structured water may have peaks at 1500/3000nm ie IR range

Wolfiness

Activity Level 0
Not quite. In my theory there are many I's, each of which thinks it is me. Each is a neuron. Human beings, like anthills and sponges are colonial organisms. There is no possible way for the cells to share 'I-ness'.

Selfish Gene seems to be a rather dubious rewrite of conventional Darwinism that muddles people. The Meme machine is similarly a rather flowery account of adaptation through cultural influence.

Sorry, yes, we meant no *single* "I". We thought SG was a brilliant exposition of exactly that, how the gene is the unit of evolution and replicators have become capable of forming conglomerates that do not require any even metaphorical awareness that they are co-operating. (We thought MM similarly showed how minds can be conglomerates of memes.)

We find it more than plausible that neurons have done the same, and rather comforting. These deconstructing concepts tend to neutralise the sense of a wasted or marred existence that the concept of me as a single horribly ill entity carries. (Or are you saying that each neuron still imagines it is The Colony Known As Wolfiness, as opposed to just knowing it is the Neuron Itself?)

Your hypothesis also sounds like it might solve many of the awkward Theseus's Ship type paradoxes of consciousness. Not to mention the pronoun wars currently raging in gender theory! We hope to read your book one day, or at least get our dad to read it.

Neuroscientists and philosophers have been trying to find ways of making nerve nets but I's but they all end up deciding there cannot be an I after all - but there obviously are I's..
Now this is interesting. We see now. Middle-aged rheumatologists FTW!

Last edited:

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
Well apparently the hexagonal structure should have peaks in 270 and does.

Why?

275nm suggests leeching of organic impurities through repeated filtration, as the filter starts to break down (it's a peak for a carbonyl group from memory). I don't get that excited about impurities/contamination, and without the characteristic peaks on IR spectra, I am not at all convinced there is anything novel.

sb4

Why?

275nm suggests leeching of organic impurities through repeated filtration, as the filter starts to break down (it's a peak for a carbonyl group from memory). I don't get that excited about impurities/contamination, and without the characteristic peaks on IR spectra, I am not at all convinced there is anything novel.
You may be correct but to me impurities sounds a little like it can be used to explain away most characteristics that go against the prevailing wisdom.

There is also IR differences in both emission and absorption. I have tried to find the imagine used in the book showing nafion examined using infrared absorption online but i can't. It shows clear green around the nafion slowly changing to dark blue.