• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Why Elsevier is completely in the right… and totally wrong" (on Open Access developments)

Dolphin

Why Elsevier is completely in the right… and totally wrong

Posted on December 9, 2013 by Stephen

The internet was all aflutter last week because Elsevier has sent thousands of take-down notices toAcademia.edu, a social networking site where many researchers post and share their published papers. This marks a significant change of tack for Elsevier. Previously the publisher had only been sending a handful of DMCAs a week to Academia.edu (the notices are named after the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act), but now it appears they have decided to get tough.

continues at:
http://occamstypewriter.org/scurry/...is-completely-in-the-right-and-totally-wrong/

The writer lists various developments in terms of Open Access (he was just at the Berlin Open Access meeting).

It probably has too many details for most people but perhaps might be of interest to the odd person.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I tried to get accounts and passwords for sciencedirect once. No luck, you can get it for an expensive antivirus but not for this, at least I couldnt. I guess not many people have interest in this. It would be a dream getting one for Elsevier. :nerd: