The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Why does scalp stimulation make me feel sick?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by wondrous, Dec 22, 2016.

  1. wondrous

    wondrous

    Messages:
    59
    Likes:
    20
    Hey guys, I created a post on this topic before -- and everyone was so helpful -- but I have new information and could really use your brains!

    In short, I feel really sick, malaise, develop a pale face, glossy eyes, slight difficulty breathing, and systemic tingling/itching after exposing my head to water of any kind. In other words, I am completely miserable.

    I avoid showers entirely because I feel so bad afterwards. Instead, I keep myself clean by isolating areas with the sink, rarely ever touching my head.

    Yesterday, all I did was pour spring water over my head, lightly massaged my scalp with a scent-free shampoo, and within 2 hours, I started to feel really sick. I develop difficulty sleeping and the feeling will take a couple days to clear.

    I suspect that when I touch or stimulate my scalp with water or aggressive contact, toxins of some kind are being released from brain and being sent throughout my body. I really feel that toxins of some kind are stored in my brain.

    As a background, I have Lyme disease, babesia, yeast over-growth, POTS, biotoxin illness, MTHFR (heterozygous), and CBS (heterozygous).

    Has anyone experienced this symptom before? What type of toxicity do you think could be causing this symptom given my background. I thank you guys in advance for any useful information that could help me out with this! :(
     
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    xrayspex likes this.
  2. Cheesus

    Cheesus Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,222
    Likes:
    5,476
    UK
    I've never experienced that, no. But your theory that you're releasing toxins fits in with the Perrin Technique, which uses various osteopathic techniques and massage to release toxins from the central nervous and lymphatic systems. Doing it can make you feel very ill at first (which I have experienced).
     
  3. wondrous

    wondrous

    Messages:
    59
    Likes:
    20
    Thanks for the reply, @Cheesus! I've always thought that I was releasing something from my brain and your suggestion of the Perrin Technique supports that.

    A list of possible toxins I am releasing (based on my background) when I stimulate my scalp includes, but surely isn't limited to:
    • Quinolic Acid
    • Ammonia
    • Biotoxins
    • Heavy Metals
    • Aldehyde (Candida die-off toxin)
    Ever hear of any of these toxins causing my specific debilitating reaction?
     
  4. Cheesus

    Cheesus Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,222
    Likes:
    5,476
    UK
    No, sorry. Perrin is quite vague, but I think most of the toxins he is referring to are endogenous toxins produced in normal metabolic processes that build up because of a faulty drainage mechanism.
     
  5. wondrous

    wondrous

    Messages:
    59
    Likes:
    20
    That's okay. I do appreciate the input though! Thank you!

    After doing more research, it's becoming more clear that fat based toxins from pathogens, industrial toxins, etc may be the issue here.
     
  6. roller

    roller wiggle jiggle

    Messages:
    451
    Likes:
    215
    in some german docu a women developed racing heart, breathing probs, panic attack, nausea in the night after an ayurvedic treatment - rinsing oil to the forehead.
    she was eventually 'diagnosed' with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benign_paroxysmal_positional_vertigo

    perhaps it could have to do with some fault in the inner ear?
     
  7. wondrous

    wondrous

    Messages:
    59
    Likes:
    20
    Interesting proposition, @roller! The symptoms of the disorder you mentioned kind of fit the bill, but even today -- 3 days after pouring the spring water on my head -- I'm still experiencing the symptoms of this condition. While I feel very worn down today and just out of it, my brain feels like it has plastic saran wrap around it.

    It has to be like excess ammonia, heavy metals, or something in my brain that gets released into my body when I wash my head. I really feel it has something to do with the storage of fat based toxins in my brain and central nervous system.
     
  8. xrayspex

    xrayspex Senior Member

    Messages:
    973
    Likes:
    242
    u.s.a.
    I haven't been able to shower or wash hair for like 7 years without remorse.........fortunately I have dryish and now short hair and usually no one can tell. I can spray it with light h20 spray bottle tho without too much trouble. It started coming on like 10 years ago and at first I assumed it was just because of some significant neck problems I have that cause pain. I think that is part of it but then I realised it happened even if I lay down in bathtub and very gently one arm at time wash scalp..........or don't touch head but just shower and get head wet.........I think the heat is part of it and I came to suspect too that the water has some pollution in it and I am a canary in coalmine. I feel like that sounds insane...............but could be, I have significant MCS.

    Its frustrating, I loved hot baths and showers!
     

See more popular forum discussions.

Share This Page