1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Why does pregnancy often banish CFS symptoms?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by richvank, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Athene

Athene Never give up

Italy
    That's very interesting.
    Since I have ghastly pale skin and cannot tan at all (despite living in Sicily), would that mean I have an abnormal low level of these? My mother swears I used to tan really well when I was a kid, and I have read many times that being really pale is typical in CFS, so maybe it's something caused by the illness.
    What do you reckon?
  2. Graeme

Graeme almost there...

Montreal
    I too was wondering if folks low in MSH are able to tan well enough. I've read of a few people taking MSH analogs intended for sunless tanning because it seems to help with their mold illness.

You might want to look into pyroluria. That could certainly explain pallor and an inability to tan.
  3. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, Athene.

Low copper can interfere with tanning, too. The enzyme tyrosinase requires copper. It is the enzyme that oxidizes tyrosine to melanin in the skin. So that's something else to check.

Best regards,

Rich

See more popular forum discussions.