New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

why do kids sleep so well?

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by SwanRonson, Oct 2, 2017.

1. SwanRonson

SwanRonson Senior Member

Alabama
    Forgive the naivety of this question, but I always wish I could sleep as well as my kids do. My teenage boy and 7 year old daughter sleep for like 10-12 hours a night. What is going on with them chemically that allows such long, deep sleep?

PhoenixDown likes this.
  2. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

I would guess their HPA-axis is functioning normally and their hormones are balanced. No brain inflammation or nuerotoxins, normal circadian rythm

ChrisD and sb4 like this.
  3. boombachi

boombachi Senior Member

Hampshire, UK
    Not mine! My eldest never slept more than 8 hrs as a child. He was regularly up at 5 in the morning and often would wake up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night. As a teenager, he now regularly sleeps well past 6 in the mor

4. Alvin2

Alvin2 If humans were rational...

The question is why do we sleep so poorly... :cry::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head::cry::aghhh:

Orla likes this.
  5. ChrisD

ChrisD Senior Member

East Sussex
    Larger supply of Bifido!

6. SwanRonson

SwanRonson Senior Member

Alabama
    Do you have any further info on this you could point to? I'm cautiously experimenting with gut biome right now.

See more popular forum discussions.