Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Why do I shake sleeping when take cinnamon?

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by lnester7, Sep 4, 2017.

1. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    So when I am very inflamed, I shake while I sleep, a lot, my hubby says I have the arms move jerkily all over the place and legs. But I noticed lately when I add cinnamon, my shaking while sleeping comes back, Does any body knows why???

2. GreyOwl

GreyOwl Dx: strong belief system, avoidance, hypervigilant

Sensitivity to cinnamic acid?

lnester7 likes this.
  3. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I read in a thread something about cinnamon to block P40 channels? or something like that to do with my genetic mutations. I googled but cannot find the thread nor the why.

4. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

You could have a problem with either a benzoate or histamine sensitivity (based on your shaking at night and problems with cinnamon). I *seem* to have a histamine intolerance. For me, most animal protein is out. I really haven't tested cinnamon, because, frankly, I am tired of trying foods that I suspect will give me a problem, and yep, it gave me a problem, meaning I am itchy, I jerk at night, I get joint pain or I have a headache.

There is some info on my blog about histamine intolerance: http://www.youseasonwithlove.com/resources/

Hope you find your answer....

Best,

lnester7 likes this.
  5. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Maybe it has an effect on your blood sugar, causing your adrenal glands to produce more cortisol. Cortisol binds strongly to aldosterone receptors, and increased aldosterone raises sodium and lowers potassium, resulting in low potassium levels or at least altered electrolyte levels.

lnester7 and keenly like this.
  6. Skippa

Skippa Senior Member

Wow, someone else, my GF has a big intolerance to cinnamon, we thought it was because cinnamol is in a lot of cosmetics which have led to some kind of sensitisation?

It's in toothpaste too.

lnester7 likes this.
  7. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I definitely have histamine issues.

Timaca likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.