• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Why do I shake sleeping when take cinnamon?

Seven7

Seven
So when I am very inflamed, I shake while I sleep, a lot, my hubby says I have the arms move jerkily all over the place and legs. But I noticed lately when I add cinnamon, my shaking while sleeping comes back, Does any body knows why???

Seven7

Seven
I read in a thread something about cinnamon to block P40 channels? or something like that to do with my genetic mutations. I googled but cannot find the thread nor the why.

Timaca

You could have a problem with either a benzoate or histamine sensitivity (based on your shaking at night and problems with cinnamon). I *seem* to have a histamine intolerance. For me, most animal protein is out. I really haven't tested cinnamon, because, frankly, I am tired of trying foods that I suspect will give me a problem, and yep, it gave me a problem, meaning I am itchy, I jerk at night, I get joint pain or I have a headache.

There is some info on my blog about histamine intolerance: http://www.youseasonwithlove.com/resources/

Hope you find your answer....

Best,

drob31

Maybe it has an effect on your blood sugar, causing your adrenal glands to produce more cortisol. Cortisol binds strongly to aldosterone receptors, and increased aldosterone raises sodium and lowers potassium, resulting in low potassium levels or at least altered electrolyte levels.

Skippa

Anti-BS
Wow, someone else, my GF has a big intolerance to cinnamon, we thought it was because cinnamol is in a lot of cosmetics which have led to some kind of sensitisation?

It's in toothpaste too.