The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

WHOOP: The 1st product Engineered to Unlock Human Performance

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by *GG*, Mar 10, 2017.

1. *GG*

*GG* senior member

Concord, NH
    Wonder if this would be helpful in showing our level of disability?

Saw how it suggests how much sleep to recover from workouts and if today is a good workout day. Wonder if it would be applicable for people with our illness, mild to moderate, not the severe!

CFS_for_19_years likes this.
  2. HowToEscape?

HowToEscape? Senior Member

Hm. That's a gadget marketed to people with cash to burn, looks like a wrist HRM/fitness tracker with a hot-swap battery and proprietary software. Cute toy, possibly with with some interesting software interpreting the data, but probably not used by pro athletes. Wrist HRM is not as accurate as a chest strap and you don't need to continuously monitor it.
    I've also found fitness trackers to be highly inaccurate about some functions, when I had one it had no clue how long I actually slept. It can't be used for disability determination, as you can mount the thing to a ceiling fan, stick it on a puppy, swap it between people, lay it over a phone which runs an app to fool the sensor (it measures HR via light) etc etc, so as configured, it offers legal proof of exactly nothing.

Answers: No and no.

See more popular forum discussions.