Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

whole body throbbing?

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by TrixieStix, Jan 1, 2017.

1. TrixieStix

TrixieStix Senior Member

Anyone else find that anytime they exceed their physical exertion limit and have stopped moving your whole body throbs?

Hard to explain but anytime I am do something physical and exceed my limits, once I stop and sit/lay down my entire body throb and has a particular sensation. It is when this happens that I know I did too much.

Just curious.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    merylg and Mel9 like this.
  2. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    Is it like your heartbeat in your entire body? Is there a specific place that it is happening the most?

3. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

Are you talking about fasciculations ? Fasculations are usually in a specific area, like glutes, or quads, often just on one side of the body.

Also there is a sensation I feel that I call, for lack of a better word "pre-boiling". It feels like what it looks like when water is just about to boil, but not boiling yet. There is a start of a movement, you can see it starting. It's an unnoticeable shaky feeling all over, inside your body. I have that often.

rosie26 likes this.
  4. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

I am glad mine have disappeared

Do you get cramps in small musles like fingertips?

Dechi likes this.
  5. Old Bones

Old Bones Senior Member

@TrixieStix I've never used the word "throb" to describe any symptom related to ME. But, I can definitely relate to experiencing sensations when I stop after exceeding my limits, whether physically, or cognitively. I feel them most during the first few minutes after lying down. For me, it's more like a full-body trembling, or buzzing. The buzzing seems to occur at the individual cellular level. Both are often accompanied by flashing lights in my eyes, particularly noticed in the dark. The trembling, buzzing and flashing usually subside after a few minutes.

Mel9 and Chrisb like this.
  6. tinacarroll27

tinacarroll27 Senior Member

UK
    Yes I feel like I am throbbing all over. Can't pin point where it is coming from, just feels all over. Gets worse when I move about. I some times wonder if it's cause by POTs but not sure as it's not just my heart but all over that throbs. Makes me feel as if I am on a ship bobbing up and down on the water sometimes. Had this symptom for 25 years and has never gone away, just gets a little better or worse depending on how severe my ME is.

7. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

i felt this in my head for years..still do sometimes.

8. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    Can you describe it? Does it feel like a pumping sensation? Where in your head do you feel it?

9. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

@lansbergen I don't really get cramps but I have a permanent and very strong lactic acid sensation in all muscles of my body. Any muscles used for more than 5-6 seconds consecutively, sometimes less, will start feeling heavy and sort of burn. It can be the jaw if I eat something too hard, like almonds, the fingers, if I use a pencil to write for too long the legs if I am climbing stairs, ect.

How did you get rid of the shaky feeling ?

10. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

It was just one of the symptoms that disappeared overtime after I started to take the immunemodulator.

11. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

I do not know how a latic acid sensation feels. Can you discribe it a bit more?

Is intense burning feeling part of it?

Dechi likes this.
  12. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

@lansbergen What does an immunoregulator do and which one are you taking ?

Yes, burning is part of the sensation. Have you ever lifted weights, or anything really heavy for a long time, and your arms or legs were shaky and burning, and you had to put the weights down because you couldn't stand it anymore ? That is the acid lactic feeling. Bodybuilders and weight lifters know it well. It happens when there is not enough oxygen in the blood to feed the muscles. When you have ME, it happens very early, even if you're barely moving. It's part of the energy process being screwed up.

13. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

Levamisole and it has many effects.

It is on the doping list for horses.

Dechi likes this.
  14. Sallyagerharris

Sallyagerharris

Berkshire UK
    I most certainly get throbbing over the whole body. It feels as though it's inflamed, is sensitive all over and feels like it's pulsating. Sometimes I also get this just with the brain which I really hate as scary even though I know it will pass.

15. Chrisb

Chrisb Senior Member

That's exactly how I described the sensation. Doctors used to ask if I experienced any tingling sensations and I said that that was not quite it. Similar but at a lower frequency. I eventually described it as feeling that every cell was buzzing.

TrixieStix, Mel9, Dechi and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ritto

Ritto

I often throb all over but, for me, its most noticeable when I'm lying down.

edawg81 and Dechi like this.
  17. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

its all over my head. it was worse when my brain fog/inflammation was worse. it was like a pulse

edawg81 likes this.
  18. edawg81

edawg81

Upstate, NY
    I get this most of the time too, seems like from immune system inflamation. For me its not always from PEM.

Daffodil likes this.
  19. TrixieStix

TrixieStix Senior Member

it's not my heartbeat. it is more like my nerves throbbing. hard to explain really.

20. TrixieStix

TrixieStix Senior Member

yeah buzzing is a good word...a bit of a mix of buzzing and throbbing.

See more popular forum discussions.