• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Who Was Edgar Cayce? Twentieth Century Psychic and Medical Clairvoyant

Jarod

Edgar Casey did over 14000 readings which were all written down by a lady he hired.

Considered the father of holistic medicine, most of his readings were on health issues personalized to the individual.

Maybe there is something in there we can use.

Edgar Cayce (pronounced Kay-Cee, 1877-1945) has been called the "sleeping prophet," the "father of holistic medicine," and the most documented psychic of the 20th century. For more than 40 years of his adult life, Cayce gave psychic "readings" to thousands of seekers while in an unconscious state, diagnosing illnesses and revealing lives lived in the past and prophecies yet to come.

I found this section interesting about different remedies and explanations for certain health issues. Casey's health chart says tinnitus can be due to liver damage. Found that interesting. Alot of stuff about spinal compression issues. Maybe that explains part of the reason why Yoga helps..

Edgar Casey Holistic health

Tristen

Been a long time since I've looked into Cayce's work.....but I do know that he did readings (for lack of better word) for people with me/cfs, at that time called Neurasthenia I believe. Best I can recall, he suggested tx for a physical disease, rather than psychogenic, which "neurasthenia" was thought to be. If you search his work, your sure to come across some of it. He did some really cool work. I used to do the castor oil packs over my liver for detox based on his suggestions.

Tammy

I researched a lot of the Cayce readings......and neurasthenia seemed to be the closest thing that I could relate to CFS.....but he treated it from what I can recall like a physical disease...............each person was of course treated differently. It's been such along time but I think one of the main things he suggested was atomidine(a form of iodine) for the glandular system (endocrine)......castor oil packs as tristen mentioned..........osteopathy..........colonics. Mostly alkaline diet.

PNR2008

I used to read everything I could find on Cayce, I must have known what was coming. I bought the castor oil too. In his "trance" he'd even tell pharmacists where to find remedies in their own stores. I wonder if that hospital in Virginia Beach still follows his traditions.

Jarod

Neurasthenia? Sounds kind of familiar... :)

I noticed his website promotes health info that is not necessarily his original readings. That is a bit confusing.

Sounds like he may have been on to something with the castor oil.

Tristen

I researched a lot of the Cayce readings......and neurasthenia seemed to be the closest thing that I could relate to CFS.....but he treated it from what I can recall like a physical disease...............each person was of course treated differently. It's been such along time but I think one of the main things he suggested was atomidine(a form of iodine) for the glandular system (endocrine)......castor oil packs as tristen mentioned..........osteopathy..........colonics. Mostly alkaline diet.

That's right! I used the Atomidine for quite some time. on and off Good Stuff, especially if one doesn't want to take Thyroid supps. Seems I was using it for part of detox regimine.

I was purchasing those products from a store supposedly specializing in Cayce's recommendations. I believe it was called Heritage.