1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Who Was Edgar Cayce? Twentieth Century Psychic and Medical Clairvoyant

Discussion in 'Spirituality and ME/CFS' started by Jarod, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Jarod

Jarod Senior Member

planet earth
    Edgar Casey did over 14000 readings which were all written down by a lady he hired.

Considered the father of holistic medicine, most of his readings were on health issues personalized to the individual.

Maybe there is something in there we can use.

I found this section interesting about different remedies and explanations for certain health issues. Casey's health chart says tinnitus can be due to liver damage. Found that interesting. Alot of stuff about spinal compression issues. Maybe that explains part of the reason why Yoga helps..

Edgar Casey Holistic health
    Seewell likes this.
  2. Tristen

Tristen Senior Member

Northern Ca. USA
    Been a long time since I've looked into Cayce's work.....but I do know that he did readings (for lack of better word) for people with me/cfs, at that time called Neurasthenia I believe. Best I can recall, he suggested tx for a physical disease, rather than psychogenic, which "neurasthenia" was thought to be. If you search his work, your sure to come across some of it. He did some really cool work. I used to do the castor oil packs over my liver for detox based on his suggestions.
  3. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    I researched a lot of the Cayce readings......and neurasthenia seemed to be the closest thing that I could relate to CFS.....but he treated it from what I can recall like a physical disease...............each person was of course treated differently. It's been such along time but I think one of the main things he suggested was atomidine(a form of iodine) for the glandular system (endocrine)......castor oil packs as tristen mentioned..........osteopathy..........colonics. Mostly alkaline diet.
    Tristen likes this.
  4. PNR2008

PNR2008 Senior Member

OH USA
    I used to read everything I could find on Cayce, I must have known what was coming. I bought the castor oil too. In his "trance" he'd even tell pharmacists where to find remedies in their own stores. I wonder if that hospital in Virginia Beach still follows his traditions.
    Tristen likes this.
  5. Seewell

Seewell Senior Member

Edgar Cayce - Thanks for the link(need to look into him more)Interesting stuff..
    This guy may interest you 'Douglas James Cottrell'
    http://www.douglasjamescottrell.com/about-us/
    He is compared to E C in the way he works, and is still going today.

Edit: I get bad migraines - Im going to try drinking the glasses of water.:)
    madietodd and Jarod like this.
  6. Jarod

Jarod Senior Member

planet earth
    Neurasthenia? Sounds kind of familiar... :)

I noticed his website promotes health info that is not necessarily his original readings. That is a bit confusing.

Sounds like he may have been on to something with the castor oil.
  7. Tristen

Tristen Senior Member

Northern Ca. USA
    That's right! I used the Atomidine for quite some time. on and off Good Stuff, especially if one doesn't want to take Thyroid supps. Seems I was using it for part of detox regimine.

I was purchasing those products from a store supposedly specializing in Cayce's recommendations. I believe it was called Heritage.

See more popular forum discussions.