• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Who uses Resveratrol and where do you buy it from?

*GG*

I am in the USA and looking to take a good supplement at a fair price!

GG

PS I know someone on here is always posting their iHerb code, I am going to place an order there, so get back at me and I will likely use the code! Might want to start a "conversation" with me, I don't pay attention to my "alerts" anymore, just to many!

Iquitos

Most of the vitamin sellers sell resveratrol. Check out Vitamin World, Herbspro, Puritan. Or google resveratrol and a bunch of sellers will come up.

Steven Bruhner, author of several books on herbal medicine, recommends the resveratrol that is made from Japanese knotweed root and not that derived from red wine.

*GG*

I found that the best resveratrol supplement is the healthy origins brand from iherb. Here is the link: http://www.iherb.com/Healthy-Origins-Resveratrol-Maximum-Potency-300-mg-150-Veggie-Caps/16905#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=healthy origins resveratrol&rc=1041&sr=null&ic=3

If you want to use my code it is: CEP298

let me know if you have any other questions.

@acrosstheveil Thanks, Does the dosage have to be so high? I have some from Life Extension, it's only 100mg.

GG

undcvr

Jarrows Pterostilbenes is actually methyl resveratrol and like everything else in nature methylated or acetylated is always better. BOGO for Jarrow products at the store near me.

alex3619

I use resveratrol but from a local supplier at this point. Its the one supplement I am never giving up, not for its affect on my ME, but for its improvement of my breathing issues. I have some kind of a lung hypersensitivity/bronchospasm issue, and it reduces the incidence and severity of that to almost zero. I suspect it has many other beneifits, but they are hard to demonstrate.

Wayne

I recently ran across this snippet as I was researching liposomal products:
The new hot button anti-cancer supplement is Trans-Resveratrol. Trans-Resveratrol, like Curcumin causes apoptosis (cancer cell death), is fat soluble and extremely difficult to absorb. Studies show Liposomal Resveratrol reaching the blood stream at 10 to 20 times the levels of regular oral administration.

acrosstheveil

@acrosstheveil Thanks, Does the dosage have to be so high? I have some from Life Extension, it's only 100mg.

GG

I don't think it necessarily needs to be so high. I just like this particular brand because the resveratrol is extracted from Japanese knotweed. I am taking this as part of the Buhner lyme protocol which specifically calls for resveratrol from japanese knotweed. The healthy origins does contain a small amount of resveratrol from red wine but the majority of it is from japanese knotweed.

*GG*

I don't think it necessarily needs to be so high. I just like this particular brand because the resveratrol is extracted from Japanese knotweed. I am taking this as part of the Buhner lyme protocol which specifically calls for resveratrol from japanese knotweed. The healthy origins does contain a small amount of resveratrol from red wine but the majority of it is from japanese knotweed.

@acrosstheveil This brand (MRM) is from Japanes Knotweed:

http://www.iherb.com/MRM-Resveratrol-100-mg-60-Veggie-Caps/41348

It also contains 50 mg of Grape Seed Extract and 100 mg of Red Wine Extract for only about $8 for 60 caps!

Seems like a good product for the price, thoughts?
GG

PS Trying to use your code, but not seeing where to plug it in?! Sent an email to them, be nice if I could just chat with them, not sure what I am missing!

acrosstheveil

hmmm, you should be able to enter the code at checkout. You may need to create an account with them since it is a referral code. That MRM product looks like a decent product but I think the healthy origins brand packs more of a punch. I only want the resveratrol from japanese knotweed, though, as buhner says that is the most effective form for lyme.

*GG*

hmmm, you should be able to enter the code at checkout. You may need to create an account with them since it is a referral code. That MRM product looks like a decent product but I think the healthy origins brand packs more of a punch. I only want the resveratrol from japanese knotweed, though, as buhner says that is the most effective form for lyme.

It is from Japanese Knotwood. I already had an account, so codes are useless, guess it is just to get first timer people to the website!

GG

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
If you don't mind making up your own capsules, you can save some money by buying it as a bulk powder:
http://healthsupplementwholesalers.com/products/resveratrol

I packed some size "0" capsules and they weighed in at around 400mg each. I used their scale to arrive at an average weight of each packed capsule:
http://healthsupplementwholesalers.com/products/ms-9-digital-milligram-scale

I've been packing my own guaifenesin capsules for years so I've learned to handle the mess by putting everything on a dinner plate to catch the powder that doesn't end up in the capsule.

Here's a capsule filling kit in case you haven't seen one of them before:

http://www.amazon.com/Capsule-Connection-CAPSULE-FILLER-MACHINE/dp/B000PBX3GC

It's also possible to pack capsules by hand by shoving the large end of the capsule into a pile of whatever it is you are packing and tapping it down hard a few times, then closing it with the small end of the capsule.

*GG*

Unadvertised Buy One Get One Free offer for Resveratrol came from drvita.com in an email. Use promo code "transbogo", valid until 2/23/14. (I don't know if that means THROUGH 2/23/14.)

http://www.drvita.com/product/drvita-trans-resveratrol-500-mg-60-capsules/9116

Thanks, I just ordered a bunch, so no longer have a need for a while!

GG

PS Reasonable price, Life Extension recently sent me an email for theirs for a little more, which is what I was using before. I decided to try the MRM brand from iHerb.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I use resveratrol but from a local supplier at this point. Its the one supplement I am never giving up, not for its affect on my ME, but for its improvement of my breathing issues. I have some kind of a lung hypersensitivity/bronchospasm issue, and it reduces the incidence and severity of that to almost zero. I suspect it has many other beneifits, but they are hard to demonstrate.

Interesting - glad it helped with such a nasty symptom.

I have just bought some on Amazon after making some connections between inflammation and mineral deficiency and, in short, a combination of trans-resveratrol and curcumin looks promising.

I have posted some abstracts and other info on their beneficial effects in this blogpost.

Due to their claimed synergistic effects, I tried to find a combined supplement but couldn't, so have bought them separately.

I'll report on my success or failure in due course!

Wayne

liposomal sounds great but what is a person to do if they cannot tolerate soy lecitihin?

Sunflower seed lecithin! That's what we're currently using, and it doesn't have the awful soy lecithin taste. I can dig up a link for organic sunflower seed lecithin if you need it. :)