• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

who uses lithium orotate and how much?

A zombie

it is supposed to help with sleep and help get B into the cells.I'm totally deficient in B's that i found out from a nutra eval test.
i'm hooked on benzos for sleep. I want o so bad off of them but i just don't know how it's going to happen.i take a bunch of supplements for sleep and nothing helps.
Also have lyme, AF and hashimotos , with many genetic mutations :(
has anyone found LO to help with sleep?how much do you take?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Are benzos the only that that gives you sleep or are you dependent, because there is a difference. I was in love with Xanax and klonopin. Got off the Xanax first and then a
Miserable year getting off the klonopin. After that I couldn't look at a benzo, they called my name.

After that I used to sleep with trazodone and suntheanine only. Then they stopped working. I really struggled when I realized the only thing that would get me to sleep was benzos layered with a bunch of other things including antihistamines,
Passion flower, trazodone, kava, seroquel, doxepin, suntheanine, tizanidine. I alternate nightly so I don't develop tolerance.

I never got any help from lithium and nothing I take alone helps me sleep. I have to have a benzo or a z drug . There are some of us who just need them. I don't think about them and I my take them to initiate sleep.

If you are dependent or addicted that is one thing. If you just dont to take them that is another. It took me months with zero sleep to finally make peace with needing benzos to sleep. And I've tried not too. Doesnt work for me.

ahmo

After using low dose Klonopin, I went to pituitary glandular. It was a big help. I take lithium, but am not aware of any connection to sleep. It definitely shifted my mood swings. Which is to say, I am no longer so impacted by sad, tragic stories. It's probably broader than that, but that's the effect I'm aware of. And I've read many times that it helps get B12 into the cells. My insomnia stopped when I got my B12/folate levels up.

PeterPositive

I have recently begun taking Lithium Chloride in liquid form.
I am going pretty slow. I started with 1mg and now I am 2.5mg/day. So far no side effects, which is my first concern :D

As regards positive effects, I am not able to say. I haven't noticed any mood related changes so far.

I plan to get to 5mg/day with time. If anything interesting happens I will post it.

cheers

taniaaust1

Lithium orotate doesn't help my sleep at all, I haven't heard of anyone using it for sleep. I just take the recommended dose on the bottle. In fact this supplement hasn't helped anything for me but my hair tests don't show the supplement is helping my level go up.

A zombie

Are benzos the only that that gives you sleep or are you dependent, because there is a difference. I was in love with Xanax and klonopin. Got off the Xanax first and then a
Miserable year getting off the klonopin. After that I couldn't look at a benzo, they called my name.

After that I used to sleep with trazodone and suntheanine only. Then they stopped working. I really struggled when I realized the only thing that would get me to sleep was benzos layered with a bunch of other things including antihistamines,
Passion flower, trazodone, kava, seroquel, doxepin, suntheanine, tizanidine. I alternate nightly so I don't develop tolerance.

I never got any help from lithium and nothing I take alone helps me sleep. I have to have a benzo or a z drug . There are some of us who just need them. I don't think about them and I my take them to initiate sleep.

If you are dependent or addicted that is one thing. If you just dont to take them that is another. It took me months with zero sleep to finally make peace with needing benzos to sleep. And I've tried not too. Doesnt work for me.

i'm not sure i understand the question. I think benzos are the only thing that gets be to sleep. But i also think i'm dependent on them, if that makes sense. a few nights ago, i fell asleep on my own, with a large concoction of baboon (cowden, its chamomile) l thinning, gaba, lithium rotate, magnesium.... not sure if there was anything else...I did fall asleep , i woke , i didn't look at clock it could have been 5 mins for all i know. Bit for me to have fallen asleep was progress.
i was on clonaz or loraz or one of those this past summer and was label to get off, so i'm not super nervous that i can't get off them. But at the time i also didn't need the loraz every night , it was like every third night, now it's every night.
I just got cartels back, i'm WAY over range in morning, pretty low around 11a, kinda low at 4pm and normalish at 10pm. So i don't know if it's cortisol messing me up.i guess being totally deficient in b's could be one reason????
i thought i read on another site that lithium O helps ppl with sleep and to take it at bedtime?!??
passionflower and valerian root DO not work for me, never tried kava.
Another thing, getting homosteine and histamine tested , i think monday, so i will know more in that area.

A zombie

After using low dose Klonopin, I went to pituitary glandular. It was a big help. I take lithium, but am not aware of any connection to sleep. It definitely shifted my mood swings. Which is to say, I am no longer so impacted by sad, tragic stories. It's probably broader than that, but that's the effect I'm aware of. And I've read many times that it helps get B12 into the cells. My insomnia stopped when I got my B12/folate levels up.
what kind of folate do you take>? i know folate contradicts of of the mutations of have

A zombie

my glycine on my nutreval test looks ok? it' just every other AA looks not so ok, my l-tryptophan is in the gutters yet i can't tolerate 5 http or l -tyrp. I get brain zaps and body shiver like sensation

ahmo

how much?
I've stabilized at 5mg Mfolate. I cannot eat green veggies, as the vegetable folate, folinic form, interferes with the methylfolate, pushing me into needing higher and higher doses. I also switched from swallowing the folate to placeing in my gums to dissolve. This reduced the amount I need by 2/3. But if you're thinking of adding folate, please prepare yourself first. There's a link in my signature Methylation for Dummies. The first link in my signature is a simplified version of Freddd's Protocol. Caledonia has just posted her many methylation links as a blog post.

A zombie

I've stabilized at 5mg Mfolate. I cannot eat green veggies, as the vegetable folate, folinic form, interferes with the methylfolate, pushing me into needing higher and higher doses. I also switched from swallowing the folate to placeing in my gums to dissolve. This reduced the amount I need by 2/3. But if you're thinking of adding folate, please prepare yourself first. There's a link in my signature Methylation for Dummies. The first link in my signature is a simplified version of Freddd's Protocol. Caledonia has just posted her many methylation links as a blog post.
i just know from other forums that folate can be an issue. I was taking folininc for a while, but it's been like 6 months or so. i was told to go low and slow with folate.
but what symptoms am i looking for and isn't there certain mutations that contradict it??

ahmo

Sorry to give such an inadequate response. There's a long list of symptoms in the second Freddd's Protocol link in my signature. But there are symptoms from too much folate, or start-up, and there are other symptoms of folate deficicncy once a methylation protocol has begun, when there's B12 in the system, but not enough folate to match it. You don't say what your mutations are. It's really helpful to post them, either in your signature or into a blog so someone can help you more easily. Caledonia, in addition to having excellent methylation references, is also very good with mutations. You'll need to either read or watch some of the references so that there's a basic understanding of what you're getting into.

A zombie

ok, i will check out the links, i tried to post my most relevant mutations. I've got so many and i know there are others that are important , but...

A zombie

there's so many words and it's all so confusing to me and i get overwhelmed and close the computer. or i just shut down , it's too much for me to absorb. ..Dr is testing homostein (sp) and histamine this week. Also did the nutra eval test recently.