Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Who has control of the story? Nasim Marie Jafry on Anna Katharina Schaffner's EXHAUSTION

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Dolphin, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

AndyPR likes this.
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Jennifer J, moosie, Valentijn and 2 others like this.
  4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

AndyPR likes this.
  5. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    Excellent article. Particularly liked this:

This false opposition of patients against scientists is part of the BPS narrative. The most false part of it is that the BPS brigade are referring to themselves as scientists, and deliberately ignoring all the real scientists engaged in biomedical research worldwide.

6. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    Bingo.

Daisymay, TiredSam and moosie like this.
  7. Hutan

Hutan Senior Member

New Zealand
    I liked this bit too:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  8. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    "naive writers pick up the baton"

Are they though, naive. I do not believe this for a second. I think the psys have a paid / owed favors staff.

9. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    The thing is, you don't have to pay anyone to get them to do this. Someone is always going to be into the psychogenic model, particularly psych students with a poor understanding of the hard sciences; as discussed elsewhere, someone is always willing to buy what the psychogenic school is selling.

But the point is, part of what makes psychopaths... themselves is that they are particularly skilled at working someone else, winding them up, and watching them go. They especially enjoy playing the victim in front of sympathetic people, stating implicitly or explicitly that they are too noble to attack on their own behalf. If only there were someone who could step forward.

You really don't need to have bribed anybody to write this tripe. You just have to convince them they're doing the right thing. If you're especially insidious you say that patients might say this very thing about them, but of course, patients are liars and so you can't trust them.

I've worked with large groups a lot, and there is always at least one of this character type in every workplace... creepy.

-J

Valentijn, lnester7, Solstice and 3 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.