• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Who else has had stem cell therapy?

overtheedge

I did a 100 plus dollars per months stem cell type therapy called laminine for 3-5 months, never noticed any difference

overtheedge

Yeah, that's true, come to think of it my aunt and brother said they had good results with laminine, neither of them has CFS however and I don't know how good their results were or whether they still take it

Learner1

My doctor has just started doing stem cell, not using one's own fat. Apparently, there are several types, which may be why results differ:

https://www.cellmedicine.com/types-of-stem-cells/

He recommended it for another patient whose immune system isn't working and who has chronic EBV. He hasn't recommended it for me but thinks I should consider multipass major autoheme ozone. He is careful but onto latest research, and I trust him.

I just saw another doctor yesterday, who thinks I may be a candidate for IVIG as my immune system seems to be subpar. (He didn't say anything about Rituximab although I know he knows about it.)

Both doctors are excellent but I'm left trying to figure my way through this, as I have other complicating factors, too, and all options are pricey with risks involved.

I think the question is how best to reset the immune system. Is it the correct stem cell therapy? Is it Rituximab? Ozone? IVIG? Or a combination?

My sister and I are receiving it tomorrow at Infusio in CA. We've been prepped the past 1.5 weeks to maximize the number, including daily thymus shots, 10 pass ozone, laser bed, lympathic drainage and iv's. It takes 100 days for the stems to multiply and start repairing your immune system. Check with us in a few months and we'll prove an update.

@gdbennett
My sister and I are receiving it tomorrow at Infusio in CA. We've been prepped the past 1.5 weeks to maximize the number, including daily thymus shots, 10 pass ozone, laser bed, lympathic drainage and iv's. It takes 100 days for the stems to multiply and start repairing your immune system. Check with us in a few months and we'll prove an update.

Did all go well? Any progress so far? I know its only been 60 days but curious if you noticed anything. Hope you both are feeling better!

Santino

@AlwaysTired , @gdbennett

Hi guys,

I hope you are doing well and that the treatment maybe helped in the end (in case you tried it @ErdemX )

I also consider mesenchymal stem cells for a mast cell activation disorder. The aim would not be to cure it (would of course be welcome but that is unrealistic according to research for other diseases). There have been a 1 or 2 randomized clinical trials for MS and also one for crohn's, which both found benefits (especially the crohn's was promising). If I consider all case reports and studies, it seems that it requires multiple treatments like e.g. once every 6 months for 3-4 years. That would mean a few 100k, which I cannot pay...I could afford 1 treatment and maybe 2 but then I would be financially ruined and my family, too. I don't think that 1 treatment will bring any lasting improvement.

By the way, I would stay away of infusio. Correct me if I am wrong but I think they don't even use mesenchymal stem cells and they also only use stem cells from your own body. Why would you think that this can be effective if you have a chronic illness where your own cells are obviously malfunctioning. This absolutely no sense to me to be honest and I think that this is pure money making. Unfortunately, ALL clinics claim it helped with almost everything and they post successful cases on their homepage but I never spoke to people who actually really improved from this therapy so much that I would consider it a good investment. And it is more that I look for positive results since I consider the treatment myself. This is discouraging and on top of the price you have to pay in the end...But on the other hand, I notice more often in the last year that I want to know now if I can improve or not. If life has something for me or not. 8 years chronic illness and I am ready to force a decision now from life. Mesenchymal stem cells treatment could be such a last attempt before I give up and find a way for my family to let me go from this awful world of daily illness.

SunMoonsStars

@Santino
What cell clinic are you considering for M Cell therapy?
I saw your post and last sentences. I’ve been exactly at that door of thinking of last effort. Hugs. Your not alone. PM me anytime if you would like to chat. Blessings are prayers.

I had stem cell therapy on the 13th and have been feeling much worse since- terrible brain fog, much more fatigued, especially.

The Doctor said I might feel worse for a while (days or even weeks) but I am beginning to get frustrated and now wonder if I will at least go back to how I felt pre-treatment, which wasn't great but not as bad as this.

I'm also wondering if anyone has seen long term improvements from this?

I resisted getting it for a long time- it was my dad who found out about this for CFS and kept pressing me to do it- but after trying less invasive, cheaper options I was desperate and finally threw in the towel just to shut him up and get him to stop worrying that I'd never recover.

So I hope there are still some people here who have tried it and can advise me. I feel it's too soon to call the doctors office cause they'll probably just say it's normal to feel worse before being better and can't make any guarantees about if it will even be effective

Did you recover from the worsening you felt after stem cell therapy? Or perhaps even an improvement?

bread.

are you healed? :)