• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which tests for Lyme disease

jason30

Hi all,

I suspect Lyme and wonder which tests are recommend to check if you have Lyme or not.
I have found a lab that have several tests for lyme:
  1. IgG/IgM-ELISA
  2. Borrelia-recom Bead Blot (IgG + IgM)
  3. LTT-Borrelia
  4. CD57- NK-cells
  5. HLA-DR-subtypering bij borreliose
Are all those 5 tests needed?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

dadouv47

You can find some critics/suspicions on arminlabs. I can't say for sure if they are true or false, but there are even more critics about borrelia test in the rest of Europe ( UK, France, here in Belgium). Don't know about the situation in Netherlands, but overall in Europe there is WAY more false negatives than false positive tests. Many people discovered and got treated for lyme disease (some with a lot of success) because they sended their blood to Germany.
But sure, we can have suspicions about everything/ every lab and every test. Lyme is still not legally recognized so of course you will find some divergent opinions ( mainly coming from doctors, with some denying how much lyme has become a huge health issue).

I don't know the IMD labor Berlin lab, can't help you about that =/

Skippa

Anti-BS
People say you have to do several because of false negatives, but my Lyme was caught on the first blood test (no 1 on your list I'm lead to believe).

So here is what I suggest... do 1 test at a time. If any of these come back positive, then there you go, no need for more testing.

If negative, then move on to the next test... just in case!

So to answer your question... just 1 positive is needed.

jason30

Thanks both!

The different test results does not make it any easier.
I'll go for the first test and then see how it goes.
Because of the positive comments on IMD labor Berlin lab I will choose them for now.
I am looking forward to the results!

Thanks again!