1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

which symptoms methylation made disappear for you?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by joshi81, Feb 1, 2014.

1. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @MARGARITA COLOMBO, After using mg oil in footbaths for a year, I've switched to mg citrate in footbaths. Excellent w/o the mess of oil (which I made in 1 l quantities, always drippy mess). I had been using Mg Malate tabs initially. I still use the tabs if I wake needing extra in the night, which now is, thankfully, very infrequently. I'm taking all my powdered supps...aminos, some minerals...in footbaths, don't need any more than I would if taking orally. cheers, ahmo
  2. MARGARITA COLOMBO

MARGARITA COLOMBO TAOWAY

thank you very much for the advice, i definitely will try your way!!!
  3. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

South America
    Freddd, thanks for the heads up re: slow release K. All available K supps at the drugstore are slow release types. I will have to ask my dr. for a prescription to have it compounded. I hope he agrees (he has been trusting my judgement so far). I see that you prefer the gluconate form and hope to be able to get this form from my local compounding pharmacy soon.

Freddd, I read under antoher topic that you no longer recommend a B complex due to the increased K need.
    I already have sublingual cobamamide 3mg at home (I can split it in 4) and I picked up sublingual L-5-MTHFR 800mcg form the compounding pharmacy last Wed but misplaced it and can't find it anymore. I will have to re-order it. My brain is just full of aluminum and I still have 5 amalgams in my mouth and these factors seem to be hindering my memory improvement. I also have CoQ10 100mg (softgels by Now Foods), but will have to find out if I can order LCF locally.
    I would be very thankful if you could shed some light for my next steps. I am not very smart in biochem, but am trying to read as much as I can. I am not sure when to add the cobamamide. I would have added one quarter of the methylfolate today but had to postpone it. Instead I started 70mcg of Se-mmethionine and had good energy today despite the mildly cramping calves.
    I also tried acerola powder as an alternative vit C source, but keep getting a drop in my energy/brain fog few minutes after taking it.

Edited to add that I am definetely not trying to loose weight and am skin and bones for being lost about which diet to follow (ended up eating high protein)...

I am sorry for this conflicting info, Margarita. I hate it that I keep finding conflicting info for everything I decide to do.
    It is a warning for those who have Lyme. You will find it on page 5 of the following presentation:
    http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/im...ogical_treatment_of_lyme_disease_protocol.pdf

izzy
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  4. MARGARITA COLOMBO

MARGARITA COLOMBO TAOWAY

you are very kind, thank you so much!
  5. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City

'Hi Izzy,
    read under antoher topic that you no longer recommend a B complex due to the increased K need

That is false. I suggest a low dose b-complex without CyCbl, folic acid, folinic acid or veggie folates and B1 no more than 30mg/day, B2 no more than 21mg/day and b3 no more than 100mg a day. That probably isn't a "best performance" point for you but more some amount more than that can cause insatiable needs for l-methylfolate and/or potassium.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  6. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

South America
    Thanks for the clarification, Freddd!

See more popular forum discussions.