• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

which supplement brands?

joshi81

We have a brand for methyl b12 which @Freddd told to be enzymatic therapy
but for adenosilb12 and carnitine fumarate which brands are u using?
are they also to take under the toungue?
Thanks

Freddd

We have a brand for methyl b12 which @Freddd told to be enzymatic therapy
but for adenosilb12 and carnitine fumarate which brands are u using?
are they also to take under the toungue?
Thanks

Hi Josh,

The 10mg Anabol Naturals is a noticeably more effective AdoCbl than any other brand I have tried and many people commented on that before I tried it. Anywhere between 1/10 and a whole capsule is usually quite sufficient. While they standardize to the CyCbl mass (8.6mg) it is really 10mg of AdoCbl which is heavier than CyCbl. So I speak of the actual dose of AdoCbl instead of the mass of CyCbl since it is 100 to 10,000 times more effective having nothing at all to do with mass. I empty part of a capsule onto a spoon and dump between lower lip and gum. Retaining for 45-120 minutes can achieve 15-25% absorption.

http://www.iherb.com/Anabol-Natural...sc=0&lc=en-US&w=Dibencoplex&rc=2&sr=null&ic=1

If you go in with http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=RED843 a first order of $40 gets $10 off or $20 order gets $5 off.
The most effective form of carnitine for about 90% of us with CFS/FMS/ME is L-carnitine fumarate with ALCAR being the other 10%. I had knock my socks off response with LCF and zero response with ALCAR. That is common. Jarrow and Drs. Best are both excellent and are made by Sigma Tau in Italy. You may find a European brand of the Sigma Tau manufactured carnitine. Also the Jarrow liquid freebase carnitine appears to work well for many. The carnitine of whatever type or brand is best taken 30 minutes before eating or more than 2 hours after eating.

PeterPositive

Hi Freddd,
I noticed you have mentioned several time this process of either crushing a tablet or emptying a capsule and putting under the tongue and let it absorb.

Does this process work only for certain substances (e.g. water soluble vitamins) or can it be done with almost any supplement? How about minerals for example? I have a hard time tolerating magnesium and some other trace minerals in significant doses. Do you think they would absorb as well in the way you describe?

Thanks

joshi81

Hi @Freddd thanks, i remember you told me about sigma tau but when i search i can find just product (carnitine) which are not Fumarate but acetyl carnitine or propionil carnitine...i also wrote to them to kno if they had procuts made of carnitine fumarate but never answered it's so strange that for europe and italy they don'have that product...

From I herb i cannot buy because it is out of euorpe community (and i have to pay 40 euro or more and a lot of other bad thigns) i hate europe for this, here every supplement is almost double the price if compared to to the same in dollars there in USA

PeterPositive

@PeterPositive can you buy from i-herb without problems with customs also if you live in italy??????
I have had problems, yes. They have stopped the parcel a couple of times, very frustrating. It takes longer to go through the customs process than receiving the actual goods.
I have had better luck with this shop: http://www.supersmart.com/

Also you can try using ebay and see if you can find a dealer in Europe that has the products you are looking for. I didn't have many problems getting supplements from uk based shops.

PeterPositive

Yeah, supplements in the US have much more affordable prices in general plus the exchange rate on the dollar is very advantageous for us in Europe. That's exactly why Italian customs stop almost every parcel coming from America! :mad: :)

Simple example... Solgar Vitamin C 90 chewable tablets:
http://www.iherb.com/Solgar-Chewabl...vor-500-mg-90-Chewable-Tablets/8568#p=1&oos=1

IHerb price = $11.50, which is ~9 euros
In any pharmacy in Italy it will cost you around 28 euros :eek:
Amazon UK sells it at £14, ~ 16 euros, which is acceptable.

knackers323

Anyone know a good brand for a B multi? As jarrow s B right has folic acid in it.

We really should make a sticky post with all the supps needed and updated as it seems to change pretty often and there are way to many posts to trawl through.