Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Which studies are most prominent within the ME/CFS community?

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by JD_Lucas, Nov 12, 2017.

1. JD_Lucas

JD_Lucas

UK
    Hi there,

I'm a newcomer to scientific research for ME/CFS. In my reading so far Ron Davis, Robert Naviaux and Jose Montoya seem to be the names which are cited the most.

The reason I ask is because I'm attempting to summarise research into images which can be easily understood and shared across the Internet (see my original thread here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/infographics-archive.55912/ )

After a bit of research I found these 2 studies:

'Metabolic features of chronic fatigue syndrome' by Naviaux
    ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5027464/ )

'Cytokine signature associated with disease severity in chronic fatigue syndrome patients'
    by Jose G. Montoya
    ( http://www.pnas.org/content/114/34/E7150.full?sid=4fca51a6-9278-402d-af47-48d7aedc67f1 )

Could someone point me towards studies by Ron Davis?

And are there any other researchers I should be looking at?

Thanks

PS. To give you an idea, below is a draft image I created yesterday based on Naviaux's work

_Naviaux PR Draft.png

lauluce, ballard, Murph and 2 others like this.
  2. AdamS

AdamS Senior Member

JD_Lucas, lauluce, Murph and 3 others like this.
  3. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    @thegodofpleasure has produced an excellent summary of the main studies over recent years. Maybe he will be prepared to share them with you.

JD_Lucas likes this.
  4. Countrygirl

UK
  5. Hip

Hip Senior Member

A good way to dip into the many areas of ME/CFS research might be via the Phoenix Rising articles, which you can find archived here. Have a look at the Categories pop-up menu on the right of that page, which lists dozens of different ME/CFS research categories.

You will find a similar set of articles and categories on Health Rising.

6. Countrygirl

UK
    @Hip , who is keeping the research articles up to date, do you know? There is the new one on Nov 10th, but I don't recall seeing it in the research papers.

7. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

United States, New Hampshire
    JD_Lucas, Murph and Countrygirl like this.
  8. Countrygirl

UK
  9. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Prof. Ron Davis hasn't published on ME yet, but you might be able to extract information for your graphics from his talks, e.g. this one:

More of his talks are on the OMF youtube channel.

I guess you just would need to be extra careful how to present unpublished data (and I know nothing about copyright etc). The talks include very interesting information about a possible factor in the serum and a disrupted metabolism:

Snap1473769_zpshgmdmecm.png

Snap1473763_zpsrwtpohq3.png

10. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    I imagine the studies from the Workwell Foundation (on 2 day CPET) should translate nicely into graphics.

*GG* and Murph like this.
  11. Hip

Hip Senior Member

You mean editing the old articles to update them when necessary? I don't think anyone has ever done that.

12. JD_Lucas

JD_Lucas

UK
    Thanks for quick & varied replies everyone! That will keep me busy over the next few weeks.

- Thanks for highlighting this @Joh. Not something I considered. I will start with published studies so won't be a problem in the near future, but maybe something to consider as I progress.

Joh likes this.
  13. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    I think I already saw a graphic from you on twitter today? Anyway, thank you for your effort! :)

See more popular forum discussions.