• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which Organic Acids Test for me?

picante

I'm needing some input on OAT tests -- My ND is wanting me to get one. He has dealt with Genova Diagnostics, but is willing to get an account with Great Plains if that is the test I want.

The Great Plains OAT (Nutritional & Metabolic Profile) has 76 analytes on it.
The Genova OAT has 40-some. That seems like a big difference.

I suspect I have particular problems, such as a block in homocysteine-to-methionine conversion, and multiple Krebs cycle blockages.

I'm sure I have high ammonia (long-term), especially when eating meat. Also high glutamate levels. I've developed histamine reactions, and from my particular chemical intolerances, I suspect high acetaldehyde.

There is also something going on with the Bs: I'm needing lots of potassium, even when I don't take MeB12/AdB12. And lots of thiamine, since potassium depletes it. I'm barely tolerating 10-15 mg of B2 (R-5-P). And having trouble balancing niacin and the B12s/mefolate.

The analyte lists are Greek to me. Can you fine OAT-educated people steer me a bit?

renski

I would get a Nutreval or ONE profile and a great plains OAT done if you have the $$. Haven't found the organix profile to be any good.