1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Patient Experience: "What Bronllys taught me about pacing."
In 2012, Maya, who had tried to cope with ME/CFS on her own for many years, attended a pain management centre in Wales, U.K., and is now able to achieve more through pacing and acceptance, than she had been able to before the course...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Which multi for methylation?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by RosieBee, Apr 24, 2014.

1. RosieBee

RosieBee

UK
    Which multivitamin/ mineral supplement are people using now? I was using Yasko's Neurological Health Formula from Holistic Heal, but that seems to be discontinued. I used Thorne Basic Nutrients V last year, but that seems to be out of stock everywhere.

I am so sensitive to everything it takes me ages to settle down after changes in my supplements, so I am quite nervous about making mistakes in my present muddle-headed state of mind.

Both these were recommended by Rich for people with methylation block - (gosh I really miss Rich). What are people using now - and why did you chose the brand you prefer?
  2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    I am using the thorne stress b complex, seems to work very well.. The folate in it is metafolin form, has some P5P and the bio available form of b2, err well like 25mg of b6 and b2, and 3mg of their bio active forms.. alongside the normal complex stuff.
  3. RosieBee

RosieBee

UK
    Thanks @Martial. Yours is specifically B vitamins. I am looking for a supplement with a full range of minerals and vitamins.
  4. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
  5. Milford

Milford

Just to clarify for me..... Metafolin is 5MTHF and only that ?
  6. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Yes, Metafolin is calcium bound 5-MTHF. But actually I believe Thorne uses quatrefolic, another form of 5-MTHF (glucosamine bound). Some Thorne products also has folinic acid.
    Milford and RosieBee like this.
  7. RosieBee

RosieBee

UK
    Yes @adreno, I used Thorne Basic Nutrients V last year (recommended by Rich) but it seems to be out of stock at the moment. Can you recommend one of the others in the Thorne Research range to go with methylation block?
  8. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I'm using the new Holistic Health All in One multi (replaced the old Neurological Health formula). Caution - once you add some active sublingual B12, it's extremely powerful. I'm only taking 1/64 of one pill, twice a week (a full dose being 6 pills per day), as it's causing metal detox (good, but I need to go very slow).

My other choice is the Thorne Basic Nutrients IV or V.

Once I can get my levels increased enough, my plan is to take a smaller amount of both, instead of the full dose of one or the other, as each one has certain strengths and weaknesses.

If Thorne V is out, there are other Thorne's - I think III is equivalent to V, except it's citrate based. Neither III or V have iron and copper. IV has iron and copper.
    RosieBee likes this.
  9. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Right, Caledonia already described your options. Depending on your iron levels you can decide which one is best. If you are still menstruating a little iron might not be bad. Otherwise I would probably go without.
    RosieBee likes this.
  10. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

I have taken the Pure Encapsulations "Nutrient 950" which contains L-5-MTHF.
    RosieBee likes this.
  11. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    @acer2000 How did you do with that multi. I am also looking for a multi. Did not do very well with Thorne Basic Nutrients V
  12. RosieBee

RosieBee

UK
    Thorne III and IV seem to be in stock; Pure encapsulations looks a bit expensive. Thanks for the recommendations and helpful information.
  13. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

The Pure stuff is fine. I notice a slight difference if I don't take it. It's not earth shattering.

See more popular forum discussions.