• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which digestive enzymes?

My recent H2S test showed a slight improvement from strong positive to moderately positive. I think 1500mg of L-Glutamine daily, does help. My digestive enzymes contain Bromelain, an enzyme from pineapple and the probiotics I'm taking contain lactose. I have been tested intolerance to both pineapple and milk. Does anyone know if there is any adverse effects if I continue to take the enzymes and probiotics which
have ingredients that I'm intolerant to?

Any suggestions for allergen free enzymes and probiotics?

Is the feeling of hot/cold cycles throughout the night, an indication of methylation block or neurotoxicity? I'm starting to experience ringing in the left ear, each lasting about 10 secs.

Appreciate any input. Thanks.

Francelle

I'm also on 1,500mg of EC Glutamine-L daily (at bedtime) but have not had my H2S rechecked since starting them. I have started to put on some weight since taking these and am wondering if they have something to do with it! Perhaps better gut absorption as the leaky gut heals - which is what they are for I believe????

About three months ago I also started digestive enzymes which I forget to take a lot of the time, so I don't think they are responsible for the weight gain. These enzymes contain Pancreatin, Pepsin, Ox Bile, Papain and Alpha Amylase. The best thing I have noticed that they do for me is help me have better bowel motions. I don't know if you are allergic to any of those ingredients. The brand is Nutritionals Nature.Science.

The brand of Probiotics I am taking is BioCeuticals brand UltraBiotic 45. website www.bioceuticals.com.au They do not seem to contain lactose.

Sorry I cannot comment about your other queries!

Thanks, Francelle for your reply. I have no issues with the ingredients in the enzymes you'd suggested, which is good. I'm also on Ultrabiotic 45 and Floractiv, both under Bioceuticals. The latter contains lactose.

I don't think EC Glutamine-L causes weight gain because I've lost nearly 20 kg since being diagnosed with CFS two years ago.