• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which detox pathway handles enviromental allergies?

ljimbo423

I don't know the specific detox pathways for environmental allergies but here is a couple of diagrams of what's needed for phase 1 and phase 2 detox in the liver.

wellness-through-nutritional-cleansing-31-728.jpg

LINK

Jim

caledonia

There are many pathways.

But generally speaking, what's happening is that Phase I detoxification is sped up, while Phase II is slowed down. This creates a bottleneck of toxins that can't be eliminated, which then causes various symptoms.

See also the document in my signature link called the "SNPs Interpretation Guide". Ignore the first part about methylation and skip to the Detox SNPs section.

It covers the various genes of Phase I and Phase II detox, and what substances each gene detoxifies.

Note that your while your genetics have some impact, you also have to take into account epigenetics, which is the environmental influence on your gene expression.