• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which CFS Symptom Do You Hate the Most?

antares4141

It's a tough choice for me between sleep problems and post-exertional sickness. I've been completely nocturnal and that is really inconvenient and unpleasant for many reasons but I'm having a hard choosing which is worse. I guess I think PES is still worse. I guess if I had my choice I'd rather be nocturnal if it meant I could have the ability to do things without becoming extremely sick for abnormally long periods. So for worst symptom, PES/PEM it is.
I would rather be in jAil if it meant I could have my health back the way it was before cfs. At least I could do something productive with my time.

antares4141

Share in this thread which symptom of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome do you hate the most and why.

I'll start: I hate feeling tired most of the time. Why? Because of feeling tired constantly, my time is extremely limited since I spend a great deal of it resting; and because of this, I am forced to plan out everything I do in order to get anything successfully done while I am awake.
Mental and physical fatigue that keeps me from doing the simplistic chores. I would trade it any day for some dull type of pain (back pain for instance) that didn't limit my ability to be productive.

For me it has to be a toss up between constant visual disturbances which can last months on end and worsen when I try to undertake any sort of physical activity.

Or brain fog, which I find so scary as it really takes away the essence of what it is to be human. You can't read, you can't write, you can't even talk and get your words to come out right. You literally can not even process your own thoughts clearly, and worst of all most people who look at you have no idea how awful and frustrated you are feeling.

"You look alright to me"......they say....

Thinktank

Brain fog, cognitive impairment or mental fatigue for sure, whatever you call it. I could live with all the other symptoms which are manageable. With this brain fog i sometimes can't make heads nor tail of things so that makes it very difficult to do research, interact and many other things. Brain fog is what influences (or better yet) destroys my life.