Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Which CFS pathogens have symptoms that include sore throat?

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by .jm., Feb 3, 2018.

1. .jm.

.jm.

Out of the pathogens in the roadmap, which ones cause characteristic symptoms that include chronic sore throat (without other flu-like symptoms)?

I have tested negative for CMV and HHV-6. I should get Echovirus and Coxsackievirus B results next week. In the absence of an obvious infectious agent, I think we can continue searching for a pathogen. Would Parvovirus B19 cause a sore throat? I also have a positive result for EBV VCA-IgM, but we suspect it to be a false positive because retested moths later, other antibodies haven't appeared.

Are there any throat swab tests that could be useful in identifying a pathogen or eliminating pathogens from suspicion?

2. Wonkmonk

Wonkmonk Senior Member

Germany
    Did you test bacterial infections?

BadBadBear likes this.
  3. .jm.

.jm.

M pneumonia - IgG "High", IgM negative. Though Dr. Lerner writes that they consiter <300 on Labcorp to be normal.
    C Pneumoniae - negative

Lyme most recent test antibodies ELISA was abnormal. western blot was negative, though I haven't seen the bands reported yet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  4. Wonkmonk

Wonkmonk Senior Member

Germany
    As you referenced Dr Lerner's guide, I assume you are aware he recommends further tests for Anaplasma phagocytophila, Babesia microti and Streptolysin O.

In any case, he recommends treating the bacterial infections before going after herpes virus, so M. pneumoniae and Lyme treatment could be worth looking into.

keenly and BadBadBear like this.
  5. .jm.

.jm.

Yes.
    Mycoplasma pneu. normal
    Antistreptolysin O normal

BadBadBear likes this.
  6. Wonkmonk

Wonkmonk Senior Member

Germany
    pattismith likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.