• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which Brussels hotel when seeing Dr De Meirleir?

olliec

I've a first appointment booked in Nov, and am considering where to stay. As the appointments are at 8am I need to stay as close as possible to the clinic so I can rest. Can anyone recommend a place to stay that's not expensive, is near the clinic, has wifi, and is also easy to get to from Brussels Midi station and the centre of the city (I'm hoping to be well enough to be able to see the sights to some degree)?

aquariusgirl

hotel campanile. adjacent to train station...straight shot to brussels midi 20 mins.

and a 10 min bus ride from himmunitas .or short taxi ride.

i got a discount by booking online

Some ppl use the Eurovolley which is cheaper....but I don't know anything about it.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I've a first appointment booked in Nov, and am considering where to stay. As the appointments are at 8am I need to stay as close as possible to the clinic so I can rest. Can anyone recommend a place to stay that's not expensive, is near the clinic, has wifi, and is also easy to get to from Brussels Midi station and the centre of the city (I'm hoping to be well enough to be able to see the sights to some degree)?

I've stayed at both the Campanile Vilvoorde (the one that is closest to the clinic) and at the Eurovolley. The Campanile has new management and no longer serves meals on the weekend. It is also a bit more expensive and farther from the clinic.

Personally I prefer the Eurovolley as they are only a 5 or 10 minute walk from the clinic and will also drive you there for 4 Euros and take you to and from the airport for 15 euros each way. Breakfast is also included and this makes the price even less. They serve decent meals, though it is a sports center and the rooms are "basic." It is a strange combination of athletes and KDM patients staying there!

There is also a bus that goes from there direct to the center of the city, though it stops running about 5:30 pm.

Good luck!
Sushi