1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Which antivirals worked best for you?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by redo, Mar 8, 2011.

?

Which antiviral have worked best for you?

1. used valtrex, it helped

37.5%
  2. used valtrex, didn't work

25.0%
  3. used valcyte, it helped

50.0%
  4. used valcyte, didn't work

12.5%
  5. used artemisin, it helped

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. used artemisin, didn't work

25.0%
  7. used acyclovir, it helped

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. used acyclovir, didn't work

12.5%
  9. used visticide, it helped

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. used visticide, didn't work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Mm well I got some testing done on bacteria, gut flora are pretty normal now. I don't have a problem with live infection in blood but with infected cells (somehow my immune system doesn't recognize and destroy them ) and neuro infection. Not sure what to do. Imunovir made me much worse, and vistide seems to be mostly targeted to blood infection. I guess my neuro infection is caused by hhv6 as that really likes to hang out there. Maybe I should get a spinal fluid test to confirm, but at this point I'm not healthy enough for that kind of adventure.
    I would be up for vistide, but would only take it for neuroinfection. Does that make sense at all?
  2. redo

redo Senior Member

I agree, I should have been more specific in the initial post. I wrote a disclaimer there now (edited the post). It's really about finding out what has helped others CFS symptoms, when they treat a specific viral infection they are diagnosed with. I for example have high antibody levels for EBV and other viruses. Knowing how others responded is nice to know, although this is a very unscientific poll. And it should be clearer that this is a unscientific poll. Thanks for posting about it!
  3. redo

redo Senior Member

4. robinsonsb

robinsonsb

Florida

See more popular forum discussions.