Red Hot researchers spice up Chilli ME Challenge — Live!
Watch renowned researchers Drs. Ian Lipkin and Mady Hornig take the Chilli ME Challenge, LIVE from New York by webcast this coming Wednesday, 1st July at 1 p.m. EST.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Which antivirals worked best for you?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by redo, Mar 8, 2011.

?

Which antiviral have worked best for you?

1. used valtrex, it helped

37.5%
  2. used valtrex, didn't work

25.0%
  3. used valcyte, it helped

50.0%
  4. used valcyte, didn't work

12.5%
  5. used artemisin, it helped

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. used artemisin, didn't work

25.0%
  7. used acyclovir, it helped

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. used acyclovir, didn't work

12.5%
  9. used visticide, it helped

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. used visticide, didn't work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Mm well I got some testing done on bacteria, gut flora are pretty normal now. I don't have a problem with live infection in blood but with infected cells (somehow my immune system doesn't recognize and destroy them ) and neuro infection. Not sure what to do. Imunovir made me much worse, and vistide seems to be mostly targeted to blood infection. I guess my neuro infection is caused by hhv6 as that really likes to hang out there. Maybe I should get a spinal fluid test to confirm, but at this point I'm not healthy enough for that kind of adventure.
    I would be up for vistide, but would only take it for neuroinfection. Does that make sense at all?

2. redo

redo Senior Member

I agree, I should have been more specific in the initial post. I wrote a disclaimer there now (edited the post). It's really about finding out what has helped others CFS symptoms, when they treat a specific viral infection they are diagnosed with. I for example have high antibody levels for EBV and other viruses. Knowing how others responded is nice to know, although this is a very unscientific poll. And it should be clearer that this is a unscientific poll. Thanks for posting about it!

3. redo

redo Senior Member

4. robinsonsb

robinsonsb

Florida

See more popular forum discussions.