• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which antivirals worked best for you?

Which antiviral have worked best for you?

• used artemisin, it helped

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • used acyclovir, it helped

• used visticide, it helped

• used visticide, didn't work

• Total voters

leaves

Mm well I got some testing done on bacteria, gut flora are pretty normal now. I don't have a problem with live infection in blood but with infected cells (somehow my immune system doesn't recognize and destroy them ) and neuro infection. Not sure what to do. Imunovir made me much worse, and vistide seems to be mostly targeted to blood infection. I guess my neuro infection is caused by hhv6 as that really likes to hang out there. Maybe I should get a spinal fluid test to confirm, but at this point I'm not healthy enough for that kind of adventure.
I would be up for vistide, but would only take it for neuroinfection. Does that make sense at all?

redo

I'm pretty sure that the infectious disease doctors who typically Rx antivirals would find this poll troublesome as the results from testing for different types of viruses has everything to do with the type of antivirals they prescribe. I know that not everyone has access to a doctor who knows what they are doing with these tests but I'd urge caution on this topic as there are serious complications with many, if not all, anti-virals (eg. valcyte has been shown to cause cancer in lab mice). You need a doctor who has experience and knows what tests are needed and which the possible side effects.

I agree, I should have been more specific in the initial post. I wrote a disclaimer there now (edited the post). It's really about finding out what has helped others CFS symptoms, when they treat a specific viral infection they are diagnosed with. I for example have high antibody levels for EBV and other viruses. Knowing how others responded is nice to know, although this is a very unscientific poll. And it should be clearer that this is a unscientific poll. Thanks for posting about it!