1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Where to start?

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by WillowJ, Feb 9, 2014.

1. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    hi, there are no stickies in this forum. Can someone explain where to start? I have 23andMe results (got in just before the end) but I don't really know what to do with them.

Thanks so much.

PS, I can look at specific genes, but I don't know what to look up. I specifically wanted to find my MTHFR results, and I found that gene but there seem to be dozens of SNPs for it.

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    You can upload your file at http://geneticgenie.org/ to get the Yasko-type results, though many of them aren't accurate. There's also my rare genes analysis program at http://sourceforge.net/projects/analyzemygenes/ . The 1% file can be good for looking at extremely rare results which are occasionally pathogenic: the homozygous and "i" number results tend to be the most interesting.

3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
  4. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    It's more work, but if you have time and not money, you can look at other people's results and find which rs numbers to look up. Here's my GG results, but this was before they got the VDR Taq and Bsm straightened out, so I'm actually +/+ for Taq, not Bsm. Look stuff up by rs numbers on 23andMe, and see if you're + or -. People post livewello, genetic genie, and mthfr.com results that you can use like this.

Attached Files:

5. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA

See more popular forum discussions.