• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where to start?

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
hi, there are no stickies in this forum. Can someone explain where to start? I have 23andMe results (got in just before the end) but I don't really know what to do with them.

Thanks so much.

PS, I can look at specific genes, but I don't know what to look up. I specifically wanted to find my MTHFR results, and I found that gene but there seem to be dozens of SNPs for it.

Critterina

It's more work, but if you have time and not money, you can look at other people's results and find which rs numbers to look up. Here's my GG results, but this was before they got the VDR Taq and Bsm straightened out, so I'm actually +/+ for Taq, not Bsm. Look stuff up by rs numbers on 23andMe, and see if you're + or -. People post livewello, genetic genie, and mthfr.com results that you can use like this.

Attachments

• sample methylation.pdf
    209.3 KB · Views: 19