1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Where should I begin?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Leon, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Leon

Leon

Hi -

I've been watching Richvan's lectures on glutathione deficiency, and the symptoms are like a copybook of what I've experienced with CFS. I'm being tested for my glutathione levels now; however, I've just got back a hair analysis, and by applying the "counting rules" adopted by Andy Cutler, I am very probably mercury toxic. This would imply that both AC's and Richvank's protocols would be beneficial to me; my question is: which should I adopt first? Do I need to adopt both?

I had thought that Richvank's would be best, because that might explain the mercury build-up (and associated low Na/K; lithium; high Ca/low Mg). Also, if I have trouble with methylation, I'm trying to clear mercury from a body that is prone to storing it!

Very complex!

Any views gratefully received.
  2. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

According to Cutler, glutathione supplementation will likely worsen symptoms in mercury toxic people.
  3. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

Rich's Simplified Methylation protocol doesn't include glutathione supplementation. Rather, restoration of methylation will naturally restore glutathione levels to normal.

Sushi
    Beyond likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.